Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Sorry Ben, actually not true. IRS cars are generally thought to eat slightly more HP. There is a famous magazine article where an LS1 Fbody does in fact out dyno an LS1 Vette.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #22
I, Vettezuki

I remeber this now. So, what's a fare driveline loss assumption for a C3 IRS? 17%? ? This is closer to what I would have "guessed" in the first place. Is it more maybe?

I know the motor I have in my C3 Vette, which pulled a 391 at this event, dynoed 432 in the C5 Vette it came out of. That was with Headers and a much more aggressive tune. Curious to see what I get with Headers and a Tune. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #23
Super Moderator

I just got off the phone with ATI, I was calling for a pulley recommendation to get me up to 15 lbs. I told him that I'm getting 5 1/2 now with my 4" pulley and he told me that my belt must be slipping a lot. He said that a similar motor made 10-12 lbs with my pulley. He said that the boost should build with rpm, and it doesn't. Mine stays at 5 1/2 from 3K rpm to 6K rpm.

So I'm going to tighten the crap out of the belt and see what happens.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I just got off the phone with ATI, I was calling for a pulley recommendation to get me up to 15 lbs. I told him that I'm getting 5 1/2 now with my 4" pulley and he told me that my belt must be slipping a lot. He said that a similar motor made 10-12 lbs with my pulley. He said that the boost should build with rpm, and it doesn't. Mine stays at 5 1/2 from 3K rpm to 6K rpm.

So I'm going to tighten the crap out of the belt and see what happens.
I don't think it's related to your boost issue, but what's the story regarding your vacuum? Are you going to get a pump?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I don't think it's related to your boost issue, but what's the story regarding your vacuum? Are you going to get a pump?
I need to get a better job first. My company has not given me work in weeks. I'm more broke than a GN engine. Law school apps are $72 on average, I've submit 9 so far.

I've been thinking about doing a high flow evacuation system using the SC itself.

If I route a larger hose (heater hose size) to the top of the air filter, run that directly to the valve cover, and open up the breather hole and cut out the baffling on the other side (I have stud girdles to control the oil) it might be sufficient.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I'm calling you out Adam - you have to bring your car out to the street legal event on the 26th. No more excuses
Old 04-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #27
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . Law school apps are $72 on average, I've submit 9 so far. . .
Out of curiosity, do you have anybody read them prior to submission? Ah just teasing. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Out of curiosity, do you have anybody read them prior to submission? Ah just teasing. . .
Just like 3 people! Haha, I've been accepted to one already. So now I just need to wait and pick the best school that accepts me.

Sean, is it free? If you want to see how fast my car is that bad we can do a run down Crowther. I've got nothing to hide. Just my small penis.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #29
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Just like 3 people! Haha, I've been accepted to one already. So now I just need to wait and pick the best school that accepts me.

Sean, is it free? If you want to see how fast my car is that bad we can do a run down Crowther. I've got nothing to hide. Just my small penis.
We need some data entry (production vehicle database.) We'll gladly pay for you and your small penis to have a day at the track (and more) if you want some work.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #30

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

Adam, I must agree dyno'ing your car and than not running it is for lack of a better term pussy. I SHOULD have my car done by than and if so will absolutely be at the track as well. Neal wants me to check if my car has a broken rocker shaft as he says our initial diagnosis was assumed without much thought to what else it could be but I don't think I have enough tools to rip off the valve cover as I don't think we have deep sockets. I talked to the automatic kings Sean they said it's 220 to restall it. It's 275 for a bitchin' ass brand new converter so fuck them. I say f the math come out and you can say my car runs XX in the 1/4 cuz that is all that matters anyway when it comes down to it. Jusy my .02, I will say dyno's are useful for tuning though so don't start crawling up my ass...insert joke here.

Brian