Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #21
Super Moderator

I asked TT about parallel wiring the injectors, and I guess I wouldn't have to. Just the IACs like I said. I didn't mention the injectors, because honestly I hadn't even thought about it.

This was his response:
Yes but no V8 came w/ a single barrel TBI. Later trucks had a single throttle body but it's a 2 bbl unit with 2 injectors. You can simply use that. EAch injector has it's own driver/wiring. You can not hook up more than 1, it will fry the injector driver.
Tuning the ECM has nothing to do with it...
Old 03-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #22
Fast & Filthy

So how do you plan on connecting 4 injectors to a harness that only has connectors for 2?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I asked TT about parallel wiring the injectors, and I guess I wouldn't have to. Just the IACs like I said. I didn't mention the injectors, because honestly I hadn't even thought about it.

This was his response:
Yes but no V8 came w/ a single barrel TBI. Later trucks had a single throttle body but it's a 2 bbl unit with 2 injectors. You can simply use that. EAch injector has it's own driver/wiring. You can not hook up more than 1, it will fry the injector driver.
Tuning the ECM has nothing to do with it...
You can ping LS1Z28. There's a place here locally that has every connector and wiring diagram ever made practically. If you need something very simple, I think they can cook it up for you pretty cheaply.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
So how do you plan on connecting 4 injectors to a harness that only has connectors for 2?
Crossfire is also only two injectors. Each throttle body has a single butterfly/ single injector.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You can ping LS1Z28. There's a place here locally that has every connector and wiring diagram ever made practically. If you need something very simple, I think they can cook it up for you pretty cheaply.
I doubt they'll have the edge card style connectors, specifically for the crossfire ECM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #26
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Crossfire is also only two injectors. Each throttle body has a single butterfly/ single injector.
Okay. I thought they had dual injectors in each TB. The last time I saw one was in a T/A back around 1989 when I worked at Econolube in highschool.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Okay. I thought they had dual injectors in each TB. The last time I saw one was in a T/A back around 1989 when I worked at Econolube in highschool.
Ya, I was surprised to see only one throttle plate on each. I wonder how much it flows. But I guess it doesn't need to flow a lot since it's only about 200hp. ...I wonder if it would support a cam. Probably, since I would need to run an RV cam anyways.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Ya, I was surprised to see only one throttle plate on each. I wonder how much it flows. But I guess it doesn't need to flow a lot since it's only about 200hp. ...I wonder if it would support a cam. Probably, since I would need to run an RV cam anyways.
Can't find the backup, but from pure memory each TB is 350 CFM and people have got pretty mild H&C up around 350~ on 87octane (remember 8.5CR). Pretty fat on the torque which is the whole point of the Xfire setup. Never got mine dynoed, but a few people said it "felt" considerably stronger than the expected.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Can't find the backup, but from pure memory each TB is 350 CFM and people have got pretty mild H&C up around 350~ on 87octane (remember 8.5CR). Pretty fat on the torque which is the whole point of the Xfire setup. Never got mine dynoed, but a few people said it "felt" considerably stronger than the expected.
Not bad... If you're going to do heads I would run some 58cc chambers and get that compression up in the high 9s.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #30
Super Moderator

If I did anything I'd go roots blower/ carb and cam... although, I'd feel bad about ditching the FI if I do get it running... so... I guess I would see doing heads.