Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #421
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Hey, you trying to give me more work?
I was trying but I'll do it if you don't want to. I just need to finish the cage, make the engine cross member, trans crossmember and motor mounts first.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #422
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
These are 195cc as cast. Glenn can port. See this post for ranges of flow numbers.
I'm NOT going to hog these heads out. I will clean them up and work on contures and such. We have to watch what we (I) do here. It is best not to change the bias of the ports. I'll look at them soon. But, don't expect a GREAT change in the flow numbers. The 195cc will be plenty for what ever we do. These heads will be just fine.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #423
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I was trying but I'll do it if you don't want to. I just need to finish the cage, make the engine cross member, trans crossmember and motor mounts first.
Hey, not a problem if you want to do the heads. It's all yours. I've got plenty to do in my shop. If you want any input I'll take a look at them for you if you like. Should not be more than 8 to 12 hours of porting work for you.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #424
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Hey, not a problem if you want to do the heads. It's all yours. I've got plent to do in my shop. If you want any input I'll take a look at them for you if you like. Should not be more than 8 to 12 hours of porting work for you.
According to Ben when he picked up the heads they told him that they did some port work already. So hopefully they will just need to have the edges smoothed on the combustion chambers.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #425
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
According to Ben when he picked up the heads they told him that they did some port work already. So hopefully they will just need to have the edges smoothed on the combustion chambers.
They said "bowl cleanup". I have no idea what that means. Curiously, they too said something to the effect of, unless you really know what you're targeting, I wouldn't port them.

Ron, you got's big plenty to do.

Glenn, I want to settle on engine config, then work with you on efficiently optimizing the intake -> heads -> exhaust. I'd like to get this engine work underway while Ron has the car for other fab. Concurrency is magic. But the 174 is the hang up right now. I'm happy to do the bulk of the real work once I have a clear understanding of what to do and a little practice.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #426
Neanderthal

Quote:

Glenn, I want to settle on engine config, then work with you on efficiently optimizing the intake -> heads -> exhaust. I'd like to get this engine work underway while Ron has the car for other fab. Concurrency is magic. But the 174 is the hang up right now. I'm happy to do the bulk of the real work once I have a clear understanding of what to do and a little practice.

Some interesting things are going on in my life right now. But, nothing more interesting than an engine that needs too be "figured" on!
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #427
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
They said "bowl cleanup". I have no idea what that means. Curiously, they too said something to the effect of, unless you really know what you're targeting, I wouldn't port them.

Ron, you got's big plenty to do.

The bowl is the section behind the valves which is what Glenn was taking about doing. If they have already cleaned them up that saves us a lot of time as long as they did a good job which I'm assuming they did. This means we would only need to clean up the combustion chambers and match the intake and exhaust ports if needed.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #428
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Some interesting things are going on in my life right now. But, nothing more interesting than an engine that needs too be "figured" on!
Something tells me most of your life has involved interesting things. The important thing is that you have the appropriate priorities for this project.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #429
Neanderthal

Quote:
Something tells me most of your life has involved interesting things. The important thing is that you have the appropriate priorities for this project.
Why don't we do a Hiperf class on heads and stuff (porting also). It'd probably be 3 to 4 hours long--longer depending on the number of shots of Mexican Happy Juice.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #430
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Why don't we do a Hiperf class on heads and stuff (porting also). It'd probably be 3 to 4 hours long--longer depending on the number of shots of Mexican Happy Juice.
Sounds great. Let me know a handful of times and locations that would work for you, and we'll set it up. My garage is fine if your shop isn't up and running yet.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)