Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #41
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
AMEN TO THAT BEN! I have a great girl, she is absolutely NOT the type of girl that you are referring to Adam... Just not the way it is...
I agree, my wife is a keeper
Old 12-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #42
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I agree, my wife is a keeper
I'll drink to that!

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #43
Super Moderator

That's what they all say... at first.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #44
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
That's what they all say... at first.

It's been 8 years, she's a hell of an actress if that's the case
Old 12-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #45
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
It's been 8 years, she's a hell of an actress if that's the case
Haha truth be told!

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #46
Super Moderator

Sean, you're too damn smart to have married someone that wasn't right for you.

Boostn, you bought a Dodge, so I don't know about you. But Kera does seem cool.

God... chiil out guys...

I never speak in absolutes and mean it, wait... Obviously there are exceptions to the rule. I don't really believe that all women are evil, and I'm not prejudiced. But I am cautious, and very pessimistic and untrusting. And most of my relationships/ encounters with women have ended poorly. Women have proven to be less reliable and trustworthy than my Neon.

Sean, 8 years... I wouldn't worry too much.

But the rest of you, try to remove yourself from your bubble for a moment. From the outside I can tell you that everyone seems to be fully convinced that "this relationship is different" or "she is the one, this is different" or "I REALLY love this one." You know… you thought you were in love last time… but you had no idea.

But remember two relationships ago? When you thought it was love? But last time you realized that two times ago wasn't love, but last time was! But now, last time wasn't! But this is for sure! For sure! Your current relationship will always seem the most important, the most relevant, that's not reality (necessarily). It's just the way that we work. Our memory is full of gaps, unfortunately for us our highly influential brains decide to fill in these gaps (whether we realize it or not, and we don't). They do this to complete the picture, to make our world complete and understandable, the problem here is that we enable ourselves to change or diminish past memories, experiences, and emotions. This isn't coming out of my ass by the way, I did take a few things away from Grad school.

Furthermore, your current partner may in fact be perfect for you! All that you've ever hoped for, but people change. Sometimes drastically, sometimes fast. And you'll likely never see it coming. But you will be left alone, hurt and confused. Clinging to memories of the past, memories of a person that has changed so much they don't really 'exist' anymore.

So what I'm trying to say is, look at life rationally. Look at your relationships rationally, and be honest with yourself. This could be it, but it might not be. You're no exception, you're not different, you're susceptible to all of the horrible chance and all of the deception that everyone else is. And if you're gaga over someone that really isn't good for you, just because you can't see past the passion and imposition of your current relationship, you could be walking right past someone that is even better for you. Or worse condemning yourself to a life of mediocrity and/ or loneliness... whether you're single or not.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #47
Boost Junkie

Too much to quote so a quick reply will have to do.. I see where you're coming from, believe me we've all been through that at one time or another.. I've always been more trusting than others so to speak. Do me wrong though and we'll have a problem. To distrust someone who has never shown a need to be distrusted is unjust IMO. I won't grant the rest of the post a response instead I'll soak it up in silence.

You're all right in my book although we may not agree on certain things.

Oh, and I may have bought a Dodge but so did you! The SRT4 seems to be very reliable to me, little things coming up here on SRT4s in general (not mine yet at 76k on speedo) and there but nothing serious. I'm actually very very pleased with the manufacturing of it. Don't worry... my next car has a 75% chance of being Japanese...

Evo 8-9 RS
Nissan 240sx or 180sx
Integra
03-04 Mustang GT

I just wish I had a garage...

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 12-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
Don't worry... my next car has a 75% chance of being Japanese...
Me too.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #49
Super Moderator

By the way! For the record! None of this has anything to do with your girlfriend or Sean's wife, or anyone on the board. If I could find a girl that would come with me to car shows and take an interest in this stuff I would be sooo ecstatic. And they both seem great and awesome to me, no conditions.

All of my negative opinions are just speaking in generalities and have nothing to do with anyone specifically on this board.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #50
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
[b]
All of my negative opinions are just speaking in generalities and have nothing to do with anyone specifically on this board.

That's the way I took it.
2016 Nissan Altma