Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #41
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
If I remember correctly the Ford GT was about $135K (plus the the mark-up I know) and it in itself was a pretty awesome car. I would not put it in the overall performance league as the ZR1 but in styling I think it wins hands down, but then again I am a Ford guy. I think the "big 3" can make some VERY impressive performance cars but many still only see what comes from across the pond as worth the cost.

Sorry about the highjacking!
Nope! A stock Ford GT would get walked by a stock Z06. Quick yes, but not quite in the same legue as the ZR1. Actually, I think the LS3 z51 would walk it too.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #42
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Don't be a pussy! put some forged internals and spray that bitch with the blower! I'm going to be in Fontana on friday saturday and Sunday if you need some more motivation!
No NOS on the Cobra. I want to be able to beat one anytime not just at the track. Also, I do have forged pistons but the rest is stock. Are you running the track day at CSW all three days? Wait a minute, didn't I already hand you your ass in a drag race with my little old Cobra? J/K. I know I had better tires than you and I read that you got some new drag radials. Maybe we can run again at the next street legals in May. I'm going to try and get the Chevelle done by then too so I can try and get into the 9's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I finally got to read your link. Just as I said before, The 1.58 ratio is not that much of a problem. The 331 has 1.66 and the 347 is 1.58. That is not that much in difference.
Case in point; In 1988 I built my first 400 with a 5.7 rod --rod ratio around 1.56. In 2006 I pulled it down and the piston skirts were PERFECT. No sign at all of undue loads. I drove that engine hard ( to 7200 rpm ) and it was a daily driver.

I think and know the rod ratio of 1.58 will be no problem.
I did some more research after your post yesterday and found that the 347 still has a better rod ratio than my 454 does. That made me feel better about a 347 because my 454 came out of my brothers old '85 Suburban and it had over 200,000 miles on it when I rebuilt it. It still had the hone marks in the bores so I didn't need to bore it out. I just had a fresh hone done and it was good to go. I also won't be running it very high because I'll be using my same Crane 2040 cam that only has .498 lift with 220 at .050. It only pulls to 6000 rpm so that will help with longevity.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #43

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Don't be a pussy! put some forged internals and spray that bitch with the blower! I'm going to be in Fontana on friday saturday and Sunday if you need some more motivation!
What are you doing at fontana friday/saturday?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #44
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I did some more research after your post yesterday and found that the 347 still has a better rod ratio than my 454 does. That made me feel better about a 347 because my 454 came out of my brothers old '85 Suburban and it had over 200,000 miles on it when I rebuilt it. It still had the hone marks in the bores so I didn't need to bore it out. I just had a fresh hone done and it was good to go. I also won't be running it very high because I'll be using my same Crane 2040 cam that only has .498 lift with 220 at .050. It only pulls to 6000 rpm so that will help with longevity.

You won't regret those extra cubic inches. You will just go faster.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #45
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
No NOS on the Cobra. I want to be able to beat one anytime not just at the track. Also, I do have forged pistons but the rest is stock. Are you running the track day at CSW all three days? Wait a minute, didn't I already hand you your ass in a drag race with my little old Cobra? J/K. I know I had better tires than you and I read that you got some new drag radials. Maybe we can run again at the next street legals in May. I'm going to try and get the Chevelle done by then too so I can try and get into the 9's.

You sure did! A blown Cobra on slicks versus a vette with a "baby" cam on 19" street tires. I do now have drag radials and the botton has fallen out of my 60' times. I will be road racing at California speedway on friday saturday and sunday. The limiting factor will be how long those front tires last.

I would offer to give rides, but I'm no longer allowed to after a little spin I had in turn four at Willows a couple of weeks ago.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #46
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
The limiting factor will be how long those front tires last.
Are these the same tires you just bought a little while ago? How many times have you run them and what tires are they?

Was the spin on the big track or at the streets? Obviously you are the Vette are okay. Did you just go out into the dirt?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #47
Internet Tough Guy

The primary tires are Toyo R888 and I have the older set of Michelline Pilot sport cups. I was not happy with the michellines which is why I picked up the TOyos. The Toyos have two track days on them. The car is amazing for 10-15 minutes then hte front end over heats and it turns into a snow plow. I think I'm going to tun 19's all the way around 275's up front and 205's in the rear. I have the rims. Also, I wa running 1.25 degrees of chamber all the way around and aparantly you need at least 2 degrees for the front end. I could definately see the wear on the outside.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:17 AM   #48
FWD = FAIL

Quote:
The primary tires are Toyo R888 and I have the older set of Michelline Pilot sport cups. I was not happy with the michellines which is why I picked up the TOyos. The Toyos have two track days on them. The car is amazing for 10-15 minutes then hte front end over heats and it turns into a snow plow. I think I'm going to tun 19's all the way around 275's up front and 205's in the rear. I have the rims. Also, I wa running 1.25 degrees of chamber all the way around and aparantly you need at least 2 degrees for the front end. I could definately see the wear on the outside.
205's or 305's? maybe there is a secret I don't know about sounds like a bad ass car though.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #49
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
205's or 305's? maybe there is a secret I don't know about sounds like a bad ass car though.
It was a typo 305s in the rear.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #50
FWD = FAIL

sweetness. Must take pics