Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #41
Internet Tough Guy

Oooh I'm in!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #42
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Oooh I'm in!
If I take the Cobra you want to race?

Also, you don't have to be in the same run group to grudge race. Let's say I'm in group 2 and Carlos is in 3 we would both go in 2 but he won't be able to run in 3 on that call. He has to wait until the next one if he doesn't want to race me again.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I don't know anything about turbos. So would a HTA 35R Turbo be larger than the one you are putting on your car?

lol u would say HTA.

actually the company that makes the HTA converted garret turbo's for evo's makes the turbo im getting. and yes the HTA 35r is pretty damn big compared to the one im getting. the turbo im getting comes with an HTA 30r intake wheel.

the hta 30r spools at 4000rpm mainly due to bigger hotside
the FP red *mine* spools at 3.8k rpm and hits like a 30r but doesnt get the full top end like a 30 are b/c its restricted by the stock evo turbo housing size. which is what makes this a middle of the road turbo its pretty much taking the stealth look to the limit in terms of power.

and a HTA 35r will spool at about 4.8 - 5k rpm but when it hits its gonna hit u like a ton of bricks. but this turbo is so big and laggyin evo land that no one will run it unless that have a 2.3 or bigger stroked motor thats completely built and will let them rev up to 9k+ rpm no sense in running a laggy turbo unless u can make up for it by reving to the sky

so what made u say HTA? im guess u have a friend with an evo? lol
Old 09-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #44
Fast & Filthy

The reason I asked is that I know of a tuner who is running the HTA 35R on his EVO. I listed his specs below. As you can see his best time is an 11.45 at 124 at 30psi. So what you are saying is that with a smaller turbo at 32psi you should be able to run 1 to 1.5 seconds quicker and 6mph faster at CSW then he does at a good track in the mid West? Also remember, he is a professional tuner.

05 EVO, 4G63 2.0L
Engine Mods: ARP head bolts, HKS 280 cams, K&N air filter
Engine Management: Stock ECU with ECUFlash
Power Adder: HTA 35R Turbo @ 30psi
Transmission: Stock AWD 5-Speed
Drivetrain Mods: Exedy Twin Disc
Tires: BFG Drag Radials
Quickest 1/8 th or 1/4 mile time: 1.69 60' 11.45 @ 124 @ 30psi
Horsepower and Torque: 500awhp
Old 09-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #45
I, Vettezuki

Corn Fed, how much pop you get from the tuning that's made possible by the E85 conversion.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #46

I figured someone wouldnt buy that cobra's runs. It seems fast, but keep in mind hes got a solid rear swap so he can dump the clutch, hes on slicks, his car weighs something in the neighborhood of 3250, and he was running real low 11s without a pulley at all. (something like 11.20s) that was with intake/tb/exhaust, but nonetheless. Ill dig up some more runs for you guys. Hes the reason were al pissed about the 3700 pound cobra, see what itd do at 3300?
Old 09-13-2008, 02:15 AM   #47
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
What does you building your car for road courses have to do with the Chevelle running faster than I thought it would? I've owned the Chevelle since I was 16. When I first started racing it it ran mid 14's. Also, the Cobra isn't set up for drag racing and it ran right where I thought it would.

My point was that just because someone has something done to their car and you do the same thing to your car (assuming they are the same type of cars) doesn't mean yours will run the same as theirs. I've talked with many prople who were racing their cars at the track for the first time and they think their car will run deep in the 11's only to run high 12's or 13's.
I mean the more you practice and run a car the quicker you go. You have to set the car up for what you are going to use it for. You have to get accustomed to how many revs it can handle of the line, how much you need to slip the clutch, which torque converter it likes best, how much spray it can handle of the line, etc....

I've basicly have done the same thing with my car except it's more like how much will air pressure in the tires increase during the first few laps, what brake pads provide me the best initial bite without being too diffucult to modulate, can I stay in this corner in second and still be smooth.

How many runs did it take in your cobra to hit that 11.69 @118 with 6000rpm Launch? What driveline suspension mods do you have in order for it to survive that? Still the stock T-5? Got some stiffer drag arms holding the rear end in place? Yeah your cars are quick for what's under the hood, but you (being the most expierenced drag racer that normally pots here) should know that there is alot more to it than just horspower.

I'm not trying to say that just because some guys ran tens in a Z I can, but:
1) I straight walk Z's (even some with light mods).
2) 120 on a Super hot day on like the fourth or fifth time out on 19" michellenes, to me says the car has 3-5 more MPH on a cooler day and drag radials.
3) There have been vettes with alot less power than mine in the tens.

Now the biggest barriers for me breaking into the tens:
1) Road racing suspension (the coilover are going in before October 8th for TT at buttonwillow)
2) Except the Z all the N/A stock displacement Vettes I've seen in the tens have been automatics with high stall converters and gears (Mine is a stick and it will not be getting gears anytime soon).
3) Me, I like going srag racing primarily to see cars and meet people. I don't take it seriously enough to go to every test and tun and get everything dialed in/ learn how to drive.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:20 AM   #48
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
If I take the Cobra you want to race?

Also, you don't have to be in the same run group to grudge race. Let's say I'm in group 2 and Carlos is in 3 we would both go in 2 but he won't be able to run in 3 on that call. He has to wait until the next one if he doesn't want to race me again.
I'm down, F@&)$ it! Are you going to run slicks or drag radials? I can work to your schedule, but I don't have any DR's yet. I think it would be close street tire to street tire, but I've never ran my vette on DR's. PM me! Lets play
Old 09-13-2008, 02:22 AM   #49
Internet Tough Guy

I'm not a big dollar baller, but i'll get the first round regardless of the outcome. PM me though so we can work out the schedule.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 AM   #50
Internet Tough Guy

By the way i'm officially drunk posting again!