Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Shorter or Longer Route
Longer you panzie. 0 0%
Shorter, I have ADD. 4 66.67%
Either would be fine. 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #41
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
That would probably work. Dave posted up that he really doesn't have time to run it anymore, so I've volunteered to do it. I'll wait until I hear back from him and then will go from there.
But, it wasn't McDs that kick us out it was Lowes. They own all that land even McDs.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #42
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
But, it wasn't McDs that kick us out it was Lowes. They own all that land even McDs.

Well, there are other options in the neighborhood.
Sonic Burger - Right down the street
In-N-Out - Right around the corner
Nicks Burgers - about Orangethorpe and Brookhurst

I've seen or been to meets at all these places. Again, if people patronize the business the business is happy to have you there. If you just collect, loiter and make a bunch of noise on their private property, they're not too excited about it. Go figure.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #43
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Well, there are other options in the neighborhood.
Sonic Burger - Right down the street
In-N-Out - Right around the corner
Nicks Burgers - about Orangethorpe and Brookhurst

I've seen or been to meets at all these places. Again, if people patronize the business the business is happy to have you there. If you just collect, loiter and make a bunch of noise on their private property, they're not too excited about it. Go figure.

Let's pick another spot-Sonic would be a good start.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #44
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Let's pick another spot-Sonic would be a good start.
I talked to Dave tonight and I will be taking over the duties for this meet. I am going to throw up threads on all the boards tomorrow night, but for this month we're going to change the meeting place to Sonics I think. We'll decide on a more permanent meeting place after that. I'll post up more details tomorrow when we finalize things.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Okay, I'm getting feedback from almost everyone that this trip might be a little too long. What do you guys think, should we look into a shorter route? The objection I'm getting from most people is that the entire trip will cost them over $100 in gas alone and people seem tapped out. BGN8711 is quite vocal about this, and I understand. So, what do you guys think?
What about taking the 91 to the 241 to Santiago Canyon and playing around in Silverado/ Trabuco canyon area? Then going back up the 5. That would be about 30 miles one way, less than half the distance.

There's a biker bar in the canyon area also, Cook's Corner or something like that.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #46
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
What about taking the 91 to the 241 to Santiago Canyon and playing around in Silverado/ Trabuco canyon area? Then going back up the 5. That would be about 30 miles one way, less than half the distance.

There's a biker bar in the canyon area also, Cook's Corner or something like that.
We did that on our BBQ run. See the first post in this thread with alternate route, probably the way we'll go.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #47
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

Yea, Cooks Corner, I've spent a few hours there.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #48

How about a small change in route ? 15 South to Cajalco East, past Lake Mathews and we will run into first route at El Sobrante rd. Less residential and the lake at night might be cool . Just a thought.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:41 PM   #49
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
How about a small change in route ? 15 South to Cajalco East, past Lake Mathews and we will run into first route at El Sobrante rd. Less residential and the lake at night might be cool . Just a thought.
Must be a great idea because that's pretty much the alternate I put in the first post. Please see the route in the first post. I deleted the original longer one. Whattayathink?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #50

Cajalco just looks less inhabited than Mockingbird canyon. Never been on either one so it will all be fresh scenery to me !!!! Let's burn some gas !!