Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #511
pain's fun, hit me again

Done.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 05-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #512
I, Vettezuki

Received.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 05-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #513
I, Vettezuki

Passed spacers to blackax today. He also mentioned he knows a bolt place that can hook him up with the right bolts for flexplate to flywheel, which is good, because I was striking out. This means about the only major thing we need I can think of at the moment to get it fired and sorta running is a bell housing. Gotta update the OP with money stuff, but we *might* have enough. It would be kind of a hoot to take this POS to Adam's a couple times over the summer and bomb around like lunatics. I know if we don't have it done by the time Carlos comes up for air there's going to be a spectacular stream of condescending expletives, possibly in multiple languages.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 06-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #514
I, Vettezuki

Alright, let's get the show back on the road. When is the next Saturday ya'lls can work? Other than the 23rd I'm good. We have about everything other than the bellhousing.

John, I have bolts from the original that might work so, unless you already went to get bolts fitted for the pressure plate to FW, chill.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #515
pain's fun, hit me again

King bolt has the bolts, Dick might have some layin around too.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #516
Fast & Filthy

I'm out for a while. I have Adam's Santa Fe to fix and last night on my way home from the store something let go in the Cobra's engine. It has a horrible knock/tap and is down a cylinder or two. I'm hoping it broke another rocker arm but I have to pull it apart to find out. If that is what happened the heads are coming off so I can port them and install new valve springs. But I have to finish the Santa Fe so I can put the Cobra in the driveway.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #517
I, Vettezuki

How do you get the locator pins out of the old FW? Should I just PB Blast/WD-40 the hell out of them and give them a good tug??

After I pull them (if possible) I'll send the throwout bearing, various FW/Pressure Palte bolts and the locator pins to John. Then all we'd really need to substantially proceed from a material POV is a bell housing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #518
Super Moderator

If its in the block leave it, unless you need to deck it, if its in the heads let the machine shop screw with it. I use a vice grip and pb blaster, try to spin it back and forth and pray itll lift out.

Those thing get welded in there when you need them out, and they magically fall off while youre tryin to put the heads on.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #519
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
If its in the block leave it, unless you need to deck it, if its in the heads let the machine shop screw with it. I use a vice grip and pb blaster, try to spin it back and forth and pray itll lift out.

Those thing get welded in there when you need them out, and they magically fall off while youre tryin to put the heads on.
These are locator pins for the pressure plate to flywheel, that's all. Nothing to do with heads/engine.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #520
pain's fun, hit me again

Give them a good whack on both side with a punch then pull them out with pliers.

Stopping the world!