Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #621
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
My car is so powerful I can't register it. Asphalt tears below it, so the DOT restricted me.

My penis is subsequently just as large. Imagine that.
Lol, nice. I dont know if youre trying to make fun, but Im prob one of the most humble guys on here. Im not saying my car is the fastest car on the forum, Im sure its not... but its still the fastest thing Ive ever driven. And it impresses me every time.

If anyone has large penis syndrome its Guy. Haha, sorry Guy... you pro racing Bruce Lee nerve damaged mother fucker you. Lol. I kid though, jack of all trades is very impressive. I wish I knew how to fight.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #622
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
And i'm just saying I work the other way around. Start with suspension, brakes, safety, then move to the motor. You subsequently have a safer car and is plenty fun till the power goes in.
More Dangerous = More Fun

Haha
Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #623
Super Moderator

Quote:
No money in professional fighting, at least not for a very very long time. Besides, It's not just the fighting I enjoy, it's the martial arts as a whole. I've done amateur fights and didn't enjoy it much. Mostly they want you to fight as many times in a night as it takes until you lose or they're happy.

Doesn't mean I can't put forth as much effort into it as if it was my livelihood. That's what martial arts is all about. I made my profession in the exact area I wanted.
No I understand completely, sort of like how I have no interest in racing my car.

I want to take up kick boxing or ju jitsu or something like that. Something thatll teach me how to throw punches with less time invested... I dont have ten years to learn karate and proper form. Or maybe I do... but dont want to. Ha
Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Lol, nice. I dont know if youre trying to make fun, but Im prob one of the most humble guys on here. Im not saying my car is the fastest car on the forum, Im sure its not... but its still the fastest thing Ive ever driven. And it impresses me every time.

If anyone has large penis syndrome its Guy. Haha, sorry Guy... you pro racing Bruce Lee nerve damaged mother fucker you. Lol. I kid though, jack of all trades is very impressive. I wish I knew how to fight.
Lol not poking at you directly. I've just noticed car guys swing dicks based on how fast their cars are so I make fun of that nomenclature.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #625
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Lol not poking at you directly. I've just noticed car guys swing dicks based on how fast their cars are so I make fun of that nomenclature.
Oh no, Im not trying to boast. But I hadnt fully put my foot into the car for a long ass time, and Ive never been in another car with lots of power. So after a few months of driving my Jeep it makes me giddy.

In hs the fastest car I had ever been in was an LS f body, bone stock. Then Seans Cobra (before the pulley and tune I think?) so Im hp deprived.

I want someone to give me a ride in a 9/ 10 second car.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #626
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
No I understand completely, sort of like how I have no interest in racing my car.

I want to take up kick boxing or ju jitsu or something like that. Something thatll teach me how to throw punches with less time invested... I dont have ten years to learn karate and proper form. Or maybe I do... but dont want to. Ha
If you want to throw punches kickboxing and jiujitsu are not what you want. Kempo, krav maga, or san shao.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #627
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:

I do. Its so large i keep a hose reel in my pants. In all seriousness, i've never claimed to be a pro driver, or even a great one. Adequate more like, i've said many times i'd like to toss Ron and Carlos the keys to my race car for a comparative lesson.

However, i'm a jack of all trades because i'm poor. Some day i'd like to have my badge and go to the dojo in my toys without working on jack shit.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #628
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
If you want to throw punches kickboxing and jiujitsu are not what you want. Kempo, krav maga, or san shao.
AFAIK, Krav Maga and Systema (Russian, but quite similar) are the most to the point combat effective real world martial arts I'm aware of. They teach brutality to end fights as fast possible, defending against multiple attackers, and disarming an armed attacker. They spend a lot of time getting your head wrapped around the idea of being massively violent without any real restrictions to an opponent. I would actually like to pick up some basic hand to hand self defense skills, but I don't want to hurt my hands in the process (musician).

If I had forever I'd do Aikido. Not really that physically practical, but I just like the style and philosophy. Though the way it's still taught in Japan is much closer to its Aikijutsu roots, which was a genuine martial (combat) art. But it's designed for fighting armored people, so sort of all about locks and breaks given that punching someone in armor is of limited utility.

Along similar lines for psychological/mental reasons, I'd like to do Kendo.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #629
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
AFAIK, Krav Maga and Systema (Russian, but quite similar) are the most to the point combat effective real world martial arts I'm aware of. They teach brutality to end fights as fast possible, defending against multiple attackers, and disarming an armed attacker. They spend a lot of time getting your head wrapped around the idea of being massively violent without any real restrictions to an opponent. I would actually like to pick up some basic hand to hand self defense skills, but I don't want to hurt my hands in the process (musician).

If I had forever I'd do Aikido. Not really that physically practical, but I just like the style and philosophy. Though the way it's still taught in Japan is much closer to its Aikijutsu roots, which was a genuine martial (combat) art. But it's designed for fighting armored people, so sort of all about locks and breaks given that punching someone in armor is of limited utility.

Along similar lines for psychological/mental reasons, I'd like to do Kendo.
Shorinji Kempo is the same FYI. Most techniques when performed are identical and very difficult to decipher between the two. As with san shao. In fact san shao is the oldest of the combat martial arts, next shaolin chuan fa, then shorinji kempo.

Aikido was developed by the samurai as a way to defend themselves while in armor without their swords, or if someone was too close to practically draw their sword.

Kempo, kung fu, tai chi, muay thai, ninjutsu(although requires a great deal of prior training) would all be perfectly acceptable forms of practical defense to practice without injury to your hands.

If you're just looking for an art to practice for the sake of discipline, shinkendo(battojutsu) kendo, happkido, budo arts, jiujitsu, so bak doh, and ecsrima would fit well.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #630
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Shorinji Kempo is the same FYI. Most techniques when performed are identical and very difficult to decipher between the two. As with san shao. In fact san shao is the oldest of the combat martial arts, next shaolin chuan fa, then shorinji kempo.

Aikido was developed by the samurai as a way to defend themselves while in armor without their swords, or if someone was too close to practically draw their sword.

Kempo, kung fu, tai chi, muay thai, ninjutsu(although requires a great deal of prior training) would all be perfectly acceptable forms of practical defense to practice without injury to your hands.

If you're just looking for an art to practice for the sake of discipline, shinkendo(battojutsu) kendo, happkido, budo arts, jiujitsu, so bak doh, and ecsrima would fit well.
I did Aikido for a while. While it grew out of Aikijutsu, which was a Samurai martial art, it is relatively new and integrates many thoughts of the founder on peace and harmony. For example, there are no strikes really and everything is oriented around redirection. It's essentially an anti-agressive "martial" art. Which is what I like about it . . but, in a street fight bar room brawl, not sure how useful it would be, plus takes a long time to get good at since it depends heavily on being extremely aware of yourself and your opponent. At it's best though, it's pretty gnarly what a far weaker person can do to a far stronger one.

FTR, motochi, my partner and background coder of MG has been training and teaching San Su Kung Fu for decades.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)