Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #711

Do the mills and laths and stuff come with the property?

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #712
I, Vettezuki

I was trying to bundle it, but he wants to auction them off separate to net some extra cash. I wouldn't want to go terribly above the property price for it. I'm not a machinist and that's what this shop is. It would actually be a bit of a pain if I moved into it as is. It's all pre-CNC. Nicely maintained though and in excellent condition. I was a little blown away. Didn't expect that much. Definitely six figures in original dollars. Probably doing good to get $10-20K now. Mexico and hobbyists are about the only markets for pre-CNC.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #713
I, Vettezuki

Here's a vid of the shop. Sorry I didn't think to hold the phone sideways, doh. Anyway, first thing I'll do is apoxy the the whole floor to be non slip and oils resistant. I'll consider a lift down the road. Not sure if this will end up a combo car/wood shop, or just a kind of car/metal fab. My brother's business is full wood design and manufacturing, so if I want to do wood projects, I can just do them there. Of course with 10 acres, doubling the shop size is not exactly a problem. Just money!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #714
pain's fun, hit me again

Very jealous Ben
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #715
I, Vettezuki

Well, I won't be getting any of the machine tools, but the shop is way cool, that's for sure. The neighbors must all be "preppers" too. I'll post pics later to back up my hunch. . .

That's if we manage to get it, because there are so many goddamn hoops to jump through it's ridiculous. And I'm pretty good at this shit. The main issue now is we'd be going in at about 10% down, which requires PMI. It's unclear, but some lenders as part of PMI require verification that all buildings are fully permitted. There is a kind of conversion on the house and this shop, both of which are in fact well built, but not permitted. So we have to figure out, DAMN FAST, if we can find a lender that doesn't require permitted buildings as part of <20% down w/PMI or bump to 20% down.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #716
pain's fun, hit me again

sounds like a whole bunch of shit to deal with
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #717

anyone here own a wrx? I am looking at possibly getting one here soon.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #718
I, Vettezuki

If I end up with this property here's some neighbors. Nice CUCV Suburban and shd and stuff. . .

Immediate neighbor to the North. Hey look, Solar panels, windmill, and water tank.

Guy, a question for you. Do you think this can be rehabbed. Technically, removing them "lawfully" would require some kind of hazmat procedure. But if I can use them for storing and using diesel, maybe they're worth keeping around.

Pics from the shop. This stuff will be auctioned, but the 1,000 sq foot space stays.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #719
Super Moderator

Where is this place again?
Old 11-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #720
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Where is this place again?
Riverside, close to Lake Matthews. In fact part of the panoramic view is of the Lake.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)