Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
His 06 wasn't exactly smog legal. but yeah, no sweat putting a an 06' into an 05'. It's exactly the same class of motor, from a later. Just make sure you keep emissions stuff, like charcoal canister from the newer year. If you ever have to go to the ref, they really are that pedantic. As for the cluster, your odomoeter is *supposed* to read the miles that are on the chassis, not the motor. But if you put in new gauges, I think there's just a form declaring the actual mileage on the chassis is not what's shown on the odometer or something like. This is if you want to play ball with the man.

the wiring really looks like a bitch, not to say that i wouldnt ever b down too.

but ya here is where im at now.

by steps
1- get car value up
2- see if it can cover all bases and "if" situations on repairs
3- is 2 doesnt work as insurence if they can write me the check and not give it to the finance company so we can still make payments and yet have enough to fix car
4- *and i was told this would most likely work* if 3 doesnt work sit down at a branch of your finance company tell them the car is totaled but tell them you wanna keep it and fix it and countinue making payments. and ask them nicely if they can send the check to the repair facility that the car is at, and then use the extra money to pay down the car some and maybe refinance a little

step 3 and 4 will be what most likely will happen though.

but i was actually quit suprised to see that step 3 and 4 actually can happen. it kinda just makes the whole thing redundent?

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #72

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

So, any decisions as to what you're going to do or what you've done? Let us know. Hope you're doing ok.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #73
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
So, any decisions as to what you're going to do or what you've done? Let us know. Hope you're doing ok.
Yea, we're all behind you.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #74

ya thanks guys. like ya im still down about the whole thing. its got me smoking a pack or more of cigs a day.

but ill make it things will get better, im also glad that this time i got more indepth with options and precedures *typo* of the insurence company, and this whole proccess. im not mad at them anymore just wish everything as far as options would have been laid out and thoroughly explained in the first place. im the type of person that like to have a full grasp and knowlege of everything im getting myself into and why things happen and what avenues im able to explore.

either way by the end of the year my goals and plans are to have my evo back running or another comparable evo, and my genesis coupe r-spec, and make over 70k in real estate and start saving up to by a house by the end of 2010. so for now imma stick my plans and goals and focus on getting them achieved.

at least i have a pretty clear plan for being a 20 year old. ive just realized i need to become more independent and its time for me to get more responsible so i wont have to drag others such as my parents threw this proccess sence it is my dads name on the car and im on there insurence.

moral of the story - optimisum and hard work will get me threw all this

and again thanks everyone for the words and help. hopefully by the summer ill be cruising with yall again threw the canyons :-). i could take the starion but sometimes i question its durability haha

Old 03-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #75
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
ya thanks guys. like ya im still down about the whole thing. its got me smoking a pack or more of cigs a day.

but ill make it things will get better, im also glad that this time i got more indepth with options and precedures *typo* of the insurence company, and this whole proccess. im not mad at them anymore just wish everything as far as options would have been laid out and thoroughly explained in the first place. im the type of person that like to have a full grasp and knowlege of everything im getting myself into and why things happen and what avenues im able to explore.

either way by the end of the year my goals and plans are to have my evo back running or another comparable evo, and my genesis coupe r-spec, and make over 70k in real estate and start saving up to by a house by the end of 2010. so for now imma stick my plans and goals and focus on getting them achieved.

at least i have a pretty clear plan for being a 20 year old. ive just realized i need to become more independent and its time for me to get more responsible so i wont have to drag others such as my parents threw this proccess sence it is my dads name on the car and im on there insurence.

moral of the story - optimisum and hard work will get me threw all this

and again thanks everyone for the words and help. hopefully by the summer ill be cruising with yall again threw the canyons :-). i could take the starion but sometimes i question its durability haha

Great. Now what's up with the Evo? you buying it back....etc.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #76
Super Moderator

Dude seriously, it's just a car, f*ck it. You can still walk, you can still breathe.

I totally f*cked my arm on my dirtbike, separated my shoulder, shattered my radius, unlna and wrist bones. 3 or 4 years later and I still can't push myslef up using my left hand. But you know how I walked away from that accident? Not worrying about the $8K bike with a bent frame, but I was saying "Thank God I can still walk after landing on my face/ neck like that, thank God." I hit my head so hard I didn't know who I was or who my friend was for 1/2 an hour.

The car will be fixed, you have another to tide you over. Life is good, don't buy any more cigarettes, treat yourself to a strip club tonight, and smile.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #77
Super Moderator

Also, if you need help swapping the motor out and in the new Evo, PM me for my number. I'll have a lot of free time this summer.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #78

lol haha ya i know dont trip.

my plan so far is to sort threw all my internet reciepts and email reciepts and blah blah blah for the crate motor and all my other added on parts and present them to the insurence. just finding all of my crap is a mission and a half!

then get the value up, get the fatter pay off buy it back from the finance company and use my friend to find a recovery theft evo *one that wasnt in an accident* at an auction in california. then swap all my crap into it and recoupe the money by selling what extra parts i have.

the only thing that really sucks is that i need to find an 06 evo because shit like the ecu, or ecu that controlles the active center diff, and dash, and misc other small crap wont match up to the 03-05.

lol you missed the angry bandwagon that was last week

Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #79
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
lol haha ya i know dont trip.

my plan so far is to sort threw all my internet reciepts and email reciepts and blah blah blah for the crate motor and all my other added on parts and present them to the insurence. just finding all of my crap is a mission and a half!

then get the value up, get the fatter pay off buy it back from the finance company and use my friend to find a recovery theft evo *one that wasnt in an accident* at an auction in california. then swap all my crap into it and recoupe the money by selling what extra parts i have.

the only thing that really sucks is that i need to find an 06 evo because shit like the ecu, or ecu that controlles the active center diff, and dash, and misc other small crap wont match up to the 03-05.

lol you missed the angry bandwagon that was last week

Bet you'll keep a larger following distance in the future.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Bet you'll keep a larger following distance in the future.
ya i know at times i forgot that not every car gives their driver the same confidence as some sports cars out there.

any who such is life the future can only get bigger and better