Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #81
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
What size valves are those? Did you install new valves or are the ones that were already in the heads?
1.94/1.54 They were already installed in the heads, and they are the J302 valves, stainless, and longer in length than the stock valves, IIRC the stock valves barely have enough lift for .550. These are slightly longer and allow for up to .600 lift with less chance of binding cause the springs have 1 less coil than most springs. So we cheated and pulled the inner springs from my AFR springs and Shawn modified the spring seats a bit and used Ti guides. But i didnt have to buy new valve springs, though i forget what seat pressure came out to. I *think* it was around 140lb on the nose.

I still need to find the FRPP guide plates or run the shitty adjustable guide plates since they are no longer pedestal mount. We'll see how long it takes, hardened pushrods and a e303 is still on the bill.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #82
pain's fun, hit me again

This weekends workings, dismounted the doors, Vanessa did an awesome job at sanding the engine bay, door jambs and hatch area. I had to go back and sand off the flash rust and do some more body work. Also had to fix the bowing roof problem i had since the expanding foam the factory used had deteriorated and was no longer attached causing some pretty bad oil canning. Unfortunately i forgot to take pics of it, i'll do that tomorrow, sadly I dont think its going to make it to primer tomorrow, just not enough experience with bondo.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #83
Fast & Filthy

It's looking good.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #84
pain's fun, hit me again

Thanks, Lets hope it stays that way, still have ALOT of work to do, gotta start on the interior portions of the doors and remove this crap, looks like bondo thats been brushed on, that or sound deadener thats quite hard. Hopefully i'll have funds for bumper covers and a hood in my future

Stopping the world!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #85
pain's fun, hit me again

Painted the heads today, for whatever reason they dont make a silver engine enamyl, only an aluminum color that looks kinda like cheap chrome, so i went over it afterwards with clear to dull the paint. First pic is without clear, also took some pics of the intake gasket on Rons intake to compare to show how much my heads have been opened up.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:01 AM   #86
pain's fun, hit me again

Well last night and today was a cluster fuck, still too pissed off to even talk about. Anyways, my paint guy stopped by to give me some bondo lessons and too look over my other work, he even was so gracious to give me a few gallons of polly primer, some, epoxy primer and some sealer, all i need to do is buy the base and clear, he even gave me a couple yards of various sand paper. Cool dude and does AMAZING work, usually does all my paint work for me but he is working on my girlfriends dads 356 and has a few other cars going so that why im doing it all.

Here are a few pics

Stopping the world!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #87
I, Vettezuki

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #88
Fast & Filthy

That wheel lip looks so much better. Did he do it or did he have you do it and guided you through it?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #89
pain's fun, hit me again

Little of both, he layed the first layer of bondo and showed me how to block it into shape. I did the next few layers of metal glaze to build up the bowed portion of steel in the center. I have on more pass with the metal glaze to fill in the pinholes and low spots but other than that i think the fender is done, gotta do the 2 large spots on the roof still, but those are flat and can be handled easily

Stopping the world!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #90
pain's fun, hit me again

Little progress, but still progress none the less, tried to get the engine out of the car but seems someone at the shop stole my ac repair bag with my quick connect tools in it, so everything is "out" but not quite.

Anyways, scored some OE svo/crane 1.72 rockers for a measly $120, now just need an intake and misc odds and ends before assembly can start.
Pics pics pics

Stopping the world!