Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-21-2008, 01:07 AM   #81

i got my baby installed about 2 hours ago and oh my god this thing kicks ass.

and the best part i still look stock :-)

tell me if my engine bay looks suspicious bwahahahah

i even keep the back on the down low lol

Old 09-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #82
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
. . .

. . .
Mmm, where are the other four cyclinders?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #83
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Mmm, where are the other four cyclinders?
And the distributor?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #84
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
i got my baby installed about 2 hours ago and oh my god this thing kicks ass.

and the best part i still look stock :-)

Did you already do the tuning? How much boost are you making? How much did you make with the stock turbo? How's the lag compared to the stock turbo?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Did you already do the tuning? How much boost are you making? How much did you make with the stock turbo? How's the lag compared to the stock turbo?
naw i havent tuned it yet i was too tired last night hell i just woke up 2 minutes ago and so damn sore :-(

right now im boosting 25psi and i can easily tell it hits way harder then my stock turbo did at 29psi.
and this turbo help that boost all the way to red line which means i haev top end now lol while my stock one tappered off and by redline id be at 19-20psi

and when it starts to spool up it sounds like a deisel truck gunning it i love it lol.

and as far as the lag its barely noticable.

stock turbo started to spool at 2800rpm and hit full spool at 3200rpm

this turbo starts to spool at 3200rpm and hits full spool at 3800prm
it has a fairly quick spool up time compared to the turbo it stole its intake wheel from the garret gt30r which starts spool at 3000prm and hits full spool by 4200prm

so far i havent found a bad thing on this turbo its damn amazing.

and to vettezuki:

i trades in my other 4 cylinders for a transfercas and some handling

the other 4 cylinders where just adding weight to my car. i love my 122 mini block
Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #86
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . .

i trades in my other 4 cylinders for a transfercas and some handling
. . .
Some need all the help they can get . . . others use "talent". Oh snap.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #87

Quote:
Some need all the help they can get . . . others use "talent". Oh snap.
lol hey set up the motorgen track day at csw infield road course or willow springs im down to show you some talent

remember straight lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers
Old 09-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #88
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
lol hey set up the motorgen track day at csw infield road course or willow springs im down to show you some talent

remember straight lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers
When we get big enough, we'd like to organize multi-event track days at CSW, where people can freely go between AutoX and the Strip. As for straight line speed, yeah doesn't take much to stand on it from a roll, but to ring it out for all it's worth at the strip definitely requires some skill, especially in a powerful RWD car.

Anyway, if you're Evo is half of what you describe it's really in a different class than my Vette. I'm just under 400WHP in a chassis that has an LSD and that's it. Which is a hoot actually! BAADASSC6 will be at Willow Springs the week after the November street legals. (I think that's when.) I think it's an open day. You'll get your chance to compare your times at the strip and course against a wicked C6. That could be an interesting overall comparison.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #89

Quote:
When we get big enough, we'd like to organize multi-event track days at CSW, where people can freely go between AutoX and the Strip. As for straight line speed, yeah doesn't take much to stand on it from a roll, but to ring it out for all it's worth at the strip definitely requires some skill, especially in a powerful RWD car.

Anyway, if you're Evo is half of what you describe it's really in a different class than my Vette. I'm just under 400WHP in a chassis that has an LSD and that's it. Which is a hoot actually! BAADASSC6 will be at Willow Springs the week after the November street legals. (I think that's when.) I think it's an open day. You'll get your chance to compare your times at the strip and course against a wicked C6. That could be an interesting overall comparison.
lol for sure like ive said before im down for anything i just need my clutch and some decent rubber.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #90
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
lol for sure like ive said before im down for anything i just need my clutch and some decent rubber.
Get'r done. No excuses. I expect to see complete Evo awesomeness. I also expect a ride at some point. I also promise to resist the temptation to underwrite BGN8711's mods just so he can beat you in a grandmamobile.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)