Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #91
pain's fun, hit me again

Ordered my head gaskets, sad i payed more for them than the rockers, buggars are $90 each. Still need to find a dirt cheap cam, but i think i can hit 500rwhp at 14lbs on a stock cam advanced
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #92
Fast & Filthy

Run the stock cam.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #93
pain's fun, hit me again

Talked to my builder today and he gave me a contact for his cam grinder down the street. $70 and i can have any spec ground i want, going to do a similar grind to the TFS with some minor tweaks, 221/221 .510/510 112* comes out to .530/.530 with a 1.72. That way i can take full advantage of all the head work and springs installed, my main concern with the stock cam is the power falling off at 5200, anyways we'll see what happens.

Also order my head and main studs along with the adjustable guide plates. Almost there still need an intake, im going to sneak over to Rons house at night and steal his
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #94
pain's fun, hit me again

So after narrowing down specs and options i *think* i have a cam chosen
.544/.544
218/218
114 center
Will take full advantage of my heads and give me a nice low end range and still make power to 5800-6000 and still pass the sniffer.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #95
pain's fun, hit me again

Got the engine out today, and as i tore it down more and more did i realize i should just rebuild the fucking thing, there was a bunch of shit in the oil pick up, dont know what it is, but its really spongy and there were some metal chunks that i cant figure out where they came from, so i tore it down and hot tanked it. Gonna take everything over tuesday to my builder so he can check it out for me.

Here is the shit i found in the oil pickup

Stopping the world!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #96
pain's fun, hit me again

In case any of you were wondering, this is pretty much the kit i purchased, only for about 1k
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...on.php?pvk=742
Also took the block to my machinist, $180 for new pistons, cam bearings, tapping to 1/2" hardware, tank, line hone, bore, and clearance of the pistons.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #97
Fast & Filthy

You be happier having a fresh short block.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #98
pain's fun, hit me again

Obviously, but i was fine running the old one, cause chances are i would have blown it up before i wore it out.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #99
pain's fun, hit me again

So I believe i have done the biggest fuck up in my auto motive life. After spending a good 10 hours masking, sanding, tacking, cleaning blah blah blah i laid my 3 layers of poly primer only to remember in the morning I had forgot to add the hardener, so lots of primer wasted and now i have to do 3 times the work to get back to where i was before i sanded, fuck my life. I have lost all interest in the car currently and likey will let it just sit for a few months while i save for the bumpers and other shit

Stopping the world!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #100

I hate it when you do something like that. I've had a few moments where I've spent hours on something only to forget something or broke something that requires tons of work to fix.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."