Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #61
Internet Tough Guy

Wow, $12 dollars.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
So you think with only 187 produced the car is going to loose value? Then do you think my Cobra with a production number of just over 4900 was a bad investment too?
Yes, I do. Do you really believe that a NEW S281 is not going to lose any value off the sticker price? Your used Cobra is not an appropriate comparison. Because it is far more likely that you would be able to buy a used car, turn it around and sell it for more.

To entertain, without knowing anything else about your Cobra I can't say. Although, if you paid something close to the market value at the time for the used newer model Mustang Cobra, then it's a safe bet that without having invested any money or service into the car (having improved its condition) then I would say, no, the car would not now be worth more than what you paid for it. Going once again on the assumption that the market value of the Cobra from then, has not increased for the same car in similar condition today (adjusted for inflation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Agreed, but if you bought your car and then enjoyed it for 10 years then were able to sell it for the same amount you paid for it would you not consider that a good investment?

I bought a 1980 Corolla years ago for $1000 to use as a daily driver instead of driving the Chevelle all the time. A year later I sold it for the same amount that I paid for it. I consider that a good investment.
An investment is defined as a gain, a profit. Not losing anything is not a profit, it is simply not a loss. Assuming of course that you didn't pay for any service or any parts for the car (such as oil), otherwise it would have been a loss.

You could make the argument that the transportation provided by the vehicle had financial value and that value exceeded the cost of the gas/ oil/ parts and value of your mechanical service (if any). But you have not done that.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #63
Super Moderator