Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
Fast & Filthy

I have a stock short block (block, crank, rods, even rod bolts) in the car now only I have Probe SRS pistons. I also don't make 600hp. I dyno'd at 471rwhp which should be around 510-520 at the flywheel.

I can't remember what rotating assembly Guy used for Vaneesa's car but I'm pretty sure he used the Probe SRS pistons as well and ended up with a compression ratio right around 9.1-9.2:1 just like my current engine. Like he said his car and my Cobra are set up almost identical.

His other car (race car) should make around 500hp N/A. But it's a high winding monster that would absolutely destroy my Cobra on a road course. When he says that it's a stock block he is talking about the block only, not the rotating assembly. In fact, he built the 347 for it using the original block out of my Cobra. But that is the only part that is a stock Ford piece.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Nice Did not know that. Im surprised, all I ever hear about is your mildly built NA 5.0. I knew you had two but I thought one was a junker. I guess thats the one you got for free and are turning into your mild, dare I say, street driven DD?

And youre blowing 15psi on stock pistons? Are they factory forgings at least? Does Ron have a stock short block too?? What does your supercharged fox run in the quarter?
I have .040 over forged TRW pistons, Ron had a stock shortblock with probe SRS pistons. He's forgoing that for a 331 bottom end, keeping everything else the same though. The blue one will be my DD for a while until I buy another truck or fix the one that's rotting here. Either way it will be 100% DD capable with a/c and super plush gt500 seats
No track times yet since it's not finished, and wont have 1/4 times for a while being its going to be a LONG time until fontana is back. Tune date is the 29th though, if you would read the build thread you would know.

The other one is far from "mild" 11.5:1 347 with severely hogged out AFR 185's (now a 230cc intake) morel link bar lifters with a .600/.598 236/246 111* cam. Should see around 7000 rpm, if it stays together
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I have a stock short block (block, crank, rods, even rod bolts) in the car now only I have Probe SRS pistons. I also don't make 600hp. I dyno'd at 471rwhp which should be around 510-520 at the flywheel.

I can't remember what rotating assembly Guy used for Vanesa's car but I'm pretty sure he used the Probe SRS pistons as well and ended up with a compression ratio right around 9.1-9.2:1 just like my current engine. Like he said his car and my Cobra are set up almost identical.

His other car (race car) should make around 500hp N/A. But it's a high winding monster that would absolutely destroy my Cobra on a road course. When he says that it's a stock block he is talking about the block only, not the rotating assembly. In fact, he built the 347 for it using the original block out of my Cobra. But that is the only part that is a stock Ford piece.
Ha, almost exact same time for a post.
And yep, the race car has a little Ron inside of it

The race car will only see a road course/auto-x. I doubt the g-force would like a 5k clutch dump at the strip, however I still plan on running it for shits and giggles
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #14
Super Moderator

So you have 3 mustangs? No wonder I was confused. Theyre all yours, the race car isnt your Dads or something? You have 2 trucks, one not working, and 3 foxes? One built for your gf, one strictly race NA, and one with a centri blower?

Why not sell a couple and buy a higher end car? Or save the money for a down payment on a house or something? Assuming you dont have one since you look young. Id sell my vette if I could upgrade to a C6 and mod it.

Didnt know the blown one had a build thread. Has it ever been fired up? Whats the status?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
So you have 3 mustangs? No wonder I was confused. Theyre all yours, the race car isnt your Dads or something? You have 2 trucks, one not working, and 3 foxes? One built for your gf, one strictly race NA, and one with a centri blower?

Why not sell a couple and buy a higher end car? Or save the money for a down payment on a house or something? Assuming you dont have one since you look young. Id sell my vette if I could upgrade to a C6 and mod it.

Didnt know the blown one had a build thread. Has it ever been fired up? Whats the status?
Nope, my dad isnt into cars. The race car i built from scratch just like the blue car. The 07 is her car, bone stock, it's in my sig because, well, I drive it more then she does and do all the work on it. The black truck is long gone, sold it to pay down some debt. The 08 is still sitting, waiting for a buyer, been on CL for almost a year now.
Race car has the monster 347 and the blue car has the centri blower.

The gray car is my baby, i'll never sell it. It was an investment in a dream i've had since i was a kid. The blue one is my budget build as i have less then 5k into it. The 07 isnt mine to sell and the 08 is for sale. I've been working at getting cash for a down payment and that's why I sold the black truck. I only have my loan left on the 08 and even that isnt much, if I could sell it i'd buy another '00 and have no payments.

I fired the blue one a few weeks ago, I even text you the video of it. Shit i know i've texted you the same pics that others have got
Here, not sure how you missed it being its been top post on the home page for the past few weeks
http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28546

Stopping the world!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #16
pain's fun, hit me again

1987 Mustang

1988 Mustang

2007 Mustang

2008 F350

I hope that clears up any further confusion.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #17
Super Moderator

I thought there was a mildly built fox that your gf drives, I thought that was the blue one. But the blue one is blown, and isnt finished, so that cant be the case. And the gray one is the NA race car... so it cant be that one.

Does your gf just drive the 08 then??? Is that what youve been talking about??? I thought you said you built a fox for your gf to drive? Im about ready to give up, haha.

But props to you, more respect your way, didnt know you had such serious hp. Thats why I was surprised by your cam figures. I thought you had just a mild fox, and a second race one that wasn't running. And no I never got the video.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
I thought there was a mildly built fox that your gf drives, I thought that was the blue one. But the blue one is blown, and isnt finished, so that cant be the case. And the gray one is the NA race car... so it cant be that one.

Does your gf just drive the 08 then??? Is that what youve been talking about??? I thought you said you built a fox for your gf to drive? Im about ready to give up, haha.

But props to you, more respect your way, didnt know you had such serious hp. Thats why I was surprised by your cam figures. I thought you had just a mild fox, and a second race one that wasn't running. And no I never got the video.
Nope, the 08 is still broken. She drives the 07 and I ride my bicycle everywhere until she gets off work, then i'm her driver since she prefers I drive.

The blue one is the one I built for her, it was supposed to be a toy for both of us to enjoy and something for her to attend track events while I was in the gray car. Then I blew up the 08 and everything changed. I never got around to putting the engine back into the race car, it's collecting dust just like everything else I own.

I dont know where the mild fox idea came from, all my builds have been well thought out. I wanted power, but I had to pass smog, so a blower was a no brainer, plus I paid $650 for the kit from some kid on CL.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #19
Super Moderator

Thats a steal! ...prob cuz it was stolen, haha, jk. Nice man! I like your gf even more after reading this... for you to trust her with a blown v8, she must know how to handle a car pretty well.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Shaolin has the record for most vehicles owned . . while riding a bike as a primary mode of transport.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)