Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Finally got through to Ed at PSE Superchargers in Oklahoma. He said because this is a B&M Unit, nobody has original parts anymore, however, Weiand took over production and some parts are interchangable. Basically he'd have to see it to give an estimate. Minimum rebuild is $650, shop rate for repairs is $125/hr. We could at least send it in for an estimate. Whattaya think Joe?
What makes you think it's a B&M unit? This is a Holley/Weiand unit. And I have not seen the replacement parts we need on Holley's website.

I think we should wait until after the Long Beach swapmeet before we send it anyplace for an estimate. If we can't find the parts there, you can send it somewhere for an estimate. But frankly, if they can't tell you they can get the parts, I think it's a waste of time.

When it's all said and done, if it can't be repaired in time for your project, I would want the blower back. Eventually, I'll find the parts needed to fix it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #462
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
What makes you think it's a B&M unit? This is a Holley/Weiand unit. And I have not seen the replacement parts we need on Holley's website.

I think we should wait until after the Long Beach swapmeet before we send it anyplace for an estimate. If we can't find the parts there, you can send it somewhere for an estimate. But frankly, if they can't tell you they can get the parts, I think it's a waste of time.

When it's all said and done, if it can't be repaired in time for your project, I would want the blower back. Eventually, I'll find the parts needed to fix it.
When I was talking to Ed he asked if it had Forced Induction written on the Snout. This is when he said something about parts availability and B&M. I agree we should wait until the LB Swap meet. Also, if I can take a look at it, I may be able to to have the parts needed machined. That bearing plate doesn't look too complicated.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #463
I, Vettezuki

Default Stripping Down

Began stripping the engine down. This was my first time doing this kinda work, and I learned the push rods just sort of fall out when you pull the heads. You can click on the images for the hi-res versions.

Stock heads on the block.

The pistons look pretty carbonized to me, nothing a little Sea Foam won't fix. Also, I'm a tiny bit suspicious about valve clearance with our new heads. . .

Another view of the rockers we'll be using.

Get'n neked.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #464

Quote:
Began stripping the engine down. This was my first time doing this kinda work, and I learned the push rods just sort of fall out when you pull the heads. You can click on the images for the hi-res versions.

Stock heads on the block.

The pistons look pretty carbonized to me, nothing a little Sea Foam won't fix. Also, I'm a tiny bit suspicious about valve clearance with our new heads. . .

Another view of the rockers we'll be using.

Get'n neked.

Uh oh. What size valves are on those heads you purchased?

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 AM   #465
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Uh oh. What size valves are on those heads you purchased?
Those are stock style pistons. The largest valve we can run on the intake is a 1.94 without notching the pistons or replacing them. Also, what ratio are the rockers, 1.6 or 1.7?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Those are stock style pistons. The largest valve we can run on the intake is a 1.94 without notching the pistons or replacing them. Also, what ratio are the rockers, 1.6 or 1.7?

Yeah, that's why I asked about the size of the valves in the heads he purchased. Those are 1.6 ratio rockers.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #467
Neanderthal

Ben:
How about a picture of the stock head chambers?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #468

Quote:
When I was talking to Ed he asked if it had Forced Induction written on the Snout. This is when he said something about parts availability and B&M. I agree we should wait until the LB Swap meet. Also, if I can take a look at it, I may be able to to have the parts needed machined. That bearing plate doesn't look too complicated.
I pulled the end plate off last night. It's in two pieces. I'll bring them to work on Monday. Also, I need to go through my storage and find the other piece that broke off the shaft housing. Without that, it really won't help you determine whether you can machine one. If I find the broken piece, I'll bring those on Monday as well.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #469
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Ben:
How about a picture of the stock head chambers?
Ruh Roh. The intake valve is 1.75", as are the reliefs on the piston. Our valves are 2". So, can forged pistons have the reliefs widened?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #470
Neanderthal

Quote:
Ruh Roh. The intake valve is 1.75", as are the reliefs on the piston. Our valves are 2". So, can forged pistons have the reliefs widened?

Depending on the piston manufacture. Yes, you SHOULD be able to fly cut the pistons for 2.02 valves. BUT! Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. If we have to go NA, then new piston would be needed.

Ben: Get me a part number off the top of one of the pistions.

Hey, look at the chamber. What is FORD doing with their chamber here that FORD started YEARS before anyone else????
2016 Nissan Altma