Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Important message from the forum administration

This PM you received was from a spammer. That user has been terminated. Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll be making some site upgrades here in the next couple months and we'll lock down the user registration and PM process. It'll be a little more restrictive for new users but will block douche bags from making a mess.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #2

I recieved no PM

I feel left out *tear*

Old 01-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #3

I did get the PM, I figured it was spam.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #4

If you guys need help securing the site my day job is a network admin so I can help you lock things down
Old 01-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
If you guys need help securing the site my day job is a network admin so I can help you lock things down
Noted.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Can you teach me? I want to learn that stuff----no really.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Can you teach me? I want to learn that stuff----no really.
It's not that hard to lean. all it takes is the internet and a spare computer.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This PM you received was from a spammer. That user has been terminated. Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll be making some site upgrades here in the next couple months and we'll lock down the user registration and PM process. It'll be a little more restrictive for new users but will block douche bags from making a mess.
Was this in reference to a "There's virus activity from your computer..." PM? I've gotten two of them in the last two days. No biggie...just FYI.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Yes, sorta. We have a fairly open and easy system to register and use the site. Which means it is fairly easy for douche bags to register and spam users users. We're underway on a major site upgrade and we'll implement some procedures to block spammers from wasting your time. Nothing will be different for established users.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #10
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I got this in a PM

Pay attention to..
Dear, Vettezuki;Chuck;mustangray;BADDASSC6;SexyLxy!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

http://www.total-scan.com/detected/V...DASSC6;SexyLxy

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Cliff Edwards.