Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Ben I was already aware of the valve guide issue. It is "contained" as of 2011.

I seriously think some people either can't don't read the articles they post or are not capable of reading for comprehension. So you post multiple threads about a valve train issue. Every thread debates on whether there is an issue or not. You cla that the factory went cheap on valves and springs, but the threads reference a rocker arm fix. You claim the issues is with canned cars but the last thread had a pretty telling poll: 10 dropped valves on stock motor and tune, 5 on stock motor with tune, and 5 on crammed motors. Looks like we are less likely to see failure on crammed motors.
The reality is that any give my track day there is always a Z06. There will be failures. I felt fortunate to have my first motor last three years with the amount of abuse it takes.
Up had your hands on a bunch of Z06 heads right. Kinda like all that road experience you said you had.
I missed how none of that is considered valve train,I never said it was limited to cammed cars, who's reading comprehension sucks? You keep referencing my non existent driving experience and it's making you look like an idiot. Do what you want, say what you want, believe what you want to believe, it's not like I have a machine shop across the street that I hang out at, oh wait.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 09-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #12
Internet Tough Guy

So hanging out makes you a certified machinists LS7 head experts? No. Your reading comprehension sucks because 1) 20 cars is not a ton of cars 2) rocker arms are not valves and springs and 3) even the people that say there was an issue stated its was limited to 06, 07, and 08 model years. Meaning that whatever the issue was has long been resolved even though the exhaust valves are still two piece sodium filled valves (not mentioning spring because no reference has been made about a change to them in your referenced threads). This also means that the issue ( if there ever was one) was resolved before the 2014 Z28 release. You filled this thread up with more of your standard useless post. Thanks for trolling.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter

Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
So hanging out makes you a certified machinists LS7 head experts? No. Your reading comprehension sucks because 1) 20 cars is not a ton of cars 2) rocker arms are not valves and springs and 3) even the people that say there was an issue stated its was limited to 06, 07, and 08 model years. Meaning that whatever the issue was has long been resolved even though the exhaust valves are still two piece sodium filled valves (not mentioning spring because no reference has been made about a change to them in your referenced threads). This also means that the issue ( if there ever was one) was resolved before the 2014 Z28 release. You filled this thread up with more of your standard useless post. Thanks for trolling.
It makes me more a machinist than you, since I dunno, actually do machining. It was more tHan 20 cars, Chevy does sell those heads aftermarket, but none of the failed right? Many reports of 09 and 10 models but you ignored that, go ahead and keep drinking the GM cool aid, they're perfect. Thanks for the entertainment.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 09-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

It actually doesn't. I spent plenty of time actually working in a machine shop for my senior design project and as an enlisted man I was a machinist mate second class prior to my commissioning. I was a certified machinist in 2002. I may not personally touch the equipment anymore I had eight machinist mate working directly for me for the last three years. So your hanging out doesn't count for shit in my book. Just like your racing. So some heads sold aftermarket failed and it a design problem? I guess AFR makes a shit product then. It couldnt have been anything you did because you are a master machinist. How long have you been trying to get that heap going?

Old 09-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #15
pain's fun, hit me again

AFR are shit heads, they make a profit because they offer CNC porting out of the box, the use tiny valves, cheap guides, cheap seals, cheap studs, poor port shape, horrible CNC on the combustion chamber. I work with strictly ford and Chevy engine parts, couple BMW motors here and there, maybe a Chrysler or two. I've fucked up enough stuff to know why it fails and where improvement is needed. It's been. six Weeks since I started gathering parts again after finishing my semester and CHP stuff. The cars are not a priority, training and life is. How much did you pay vette doctors to assemble your motor Mr Master machinist engine builder?

Stopping the world!

Old 09-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
Internet Tough Guy

I paid them a fuck whack. I can do that because I have a formal education and I am employable outside of working for my Dad. That's why my motor works. Trust me I make more at my day job then the mechanics I pay to build the motor.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

That's funny, I figured you would bring up working for my dad, I could have left many times but that's not the point. Don't forget my certification for defensive tactics(4) black belts, employment for a reputable studio, powder coating, personal training, engine building, all the work people pay me to do, cause all that came mail order. You've throughouly demonstrated your intelligence here. I'm done.

Stopping the world!

Old 09-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
Internet Tough Guy

You just listed a bunch of side jobs. The machine shop next to you dad's shop let you play with their stuff, but can't prove it. You are a successful engine builder as evidence by your broken car. Powder coating; real reputable, I thought that old stove caught fire. Personal trainer and defense master??? I can't imagine getting personal training from a 2X year old who is falling apart by his own reports. Yup it all sound likes bullshit.

You continue to add no value to this thread. You previously stated that you blocked all my post so you didn't have to see them and that you would mind your business and I should mind my own business. Notice how I don't post on any of your build threads. I think you should try to stick to you previous policy of steering clear. I will tell you I don't think you are a total idiot, but you got a big mouth and you are more than willing to talk like an authority about subjects that you have barely a working understanding of. I will not be shy about calling your bullshit out on my threads.

Here is a tip, go take some classes at a community college and do something with yourself while you still can.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
pain's fun, hit me again

Did you miss the part about me neglecting my car because of college? Of course you did, my blue car is broken because shit happens, had nothing to do with how it was assembled, valve seats just fall out of their own accord, but you know that because you're a master engine builder. Yes, Defensive tactics, my physical injuries from the defense tactics training have nothing to do with the level of instruction,it exists because of the training and what your body goes threw when you're in constant, I missed the part where I said I was a master, i'm about 20. Years off from that, nevertheless, I've still instructed for STAR, marines, navy, and FBI, my stove did catch fire, but iI can still powdercoat, side jobs or not, no one here is "certified" to work on cars. I have my certifications and none of them is for anything automotive related, but I know what I know. So i'll go back to actually doing my own work, you can go back to personally viewing the polar ice caps and submitting geographical data about global warming. This is the end of it, i'm moving it all when I get home.

Stopping the world!

Old 09-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #20
Internet Tough Guy

SAE, ASME, and ASE all provide some from of certification outside of the bullshit UTI MTI crap. I can think of two guys on this page that have them. I'm glad you are taking classes and wish you luck in life. Now you mind you business and I will mind mine.