Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
Alright I dunno how I never saw this before but ass kicking will now ensue! Haha, my buick ran 14.7 asshole and that is at the worst track on the planet! Not to mention bone stock 20 years old with 129k miles. Plus now it has a blown head gasket so I'm sure it'd go waayyyy slower than that anyways ! When I have a video of me running low 12's I'm going to mail bomb it to all you assholes over and over! haha, dicks.
Touche I guess....
Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

Ask what a certain '04 cobra ran in the 1/4..... P.S How's the court case coming Sean? Oh and did they fix your shit right this time?

PPS I got my cc approval notification..funny they tell me my limit is $2,300 (waaayy overkill) but not what the rate is wtf? Can you find out what it is for me?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Ask what a certain '04 cobra ran in the 1/4..... P.S How's the court case coming Sean? Oh and did they fix your shit right this time?

PPS I got my cc approval notification..funny they tell me my limit is $2,300 (waaayy overkill) but not what the rate is wtf? Can you find out what it is for me?
12.9% which is fantastic for a first card. The Cobra is okay this time. They did a good job on the hood accept for a really small bubble that you can only see from the side in the light. I'll probably have someone detail it and get it out eventually. Also, the pillar does not match the rest of the car. The paint is too bright. You'd probably never notice, but I can tell. Overall I am unimpressed with the job as a whole, but it's fine. It's not like the base Ford paint job was the best ever or anything.... If I ever make lots of money I'd probably have the whole thing repainted and covered in 3M clear bra material.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #14

When do you find out if the trampsicle has to pay? That is so shit man, when is the next track event? I am thinking about starting to rip apart the motor in the drive way, I'm prolly going to have to tow it wherever anyway and I could take out the intercooler and the top of the manifold and shit which seems like it would make a big diff. I'm going to talk to Mike and Neal today and run this by them. I want my car back I'm so depressed driving that f'ing honda! Ugh.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Alright I dunno how I never saw this before but ass kicking will now ensue! Haha, my buick ran 14.7 asshole and that is at the worst track on the planet! Not to mention bone stock 20 years old with 129k miles. Plus now it has a blown head gasket so I'm sure it'd go waayyyy slower than that anyways ! When I have a video of me running low 12's I'm going to mail bomb it to all you assholes over and over! haha, dicks.
When we have a video of me beating you in my 25 year old Vette running mid 11s, I'm gonna buy air time on NBC.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
When we have a video of me beating you in my 25 year old Vette running mid 11s, I'm gonna buy air time on NBC.
Well don't get me wrong I would be damn impressed if you got air time, but I don't think your 25k plus car, prolly quite a bit plus car running mid 11's is quuiitte as impressive. Although it will surely kick my ass in other facets aside from straight line racing but still it is all relative I suppose .
Old 03-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
Super Moderator

I can run faster than your GN with a good pair of Nikes!

J/K, hail to the GN. If you do decide to tear into the motor (which you should have already been half way done with by now) make sure to take the head bolts out in the right sequence or you risk deforming the head. Also, take a picture of everything before you touch it.

But tear into it already, it's just a motor, it won't bite.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Well don't get me wrong I would be damn impressed if you got air time, but I don't think your 25k plus car, prolly quite a bit plus car running mid 11's is quuiitte as impressive. Although it will surely kick my ass in other facets aside from straight line racing but still it is all relative I suppose .
It's about $30k to be honest. If I were to do it all over again, I could probably get it down to about $20k if I worked hard at it. TB's are great. But let's keep on going with the theme. We could build a 12 second Dodge Omni for less than $5k . . . for everything. I spent about that much on my motor. It is relative. Does it do what you want to do THE WAY you want it to do it. The only real comparison that makes any objective sense is "what do you get for what you pay straight off the showroom floor." After that, it all becomes a bit vague.

PS, in this case, the C6Z is an astounding car in EVERY performance category. It's also livable, reliable, doesn't really pollute, and gets fair mileage (when you're not standing on the loud pedal.)

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #19

hence why the c6z is the shit! If we could really put together a 12 second dodge omni for 5 g's we should all chip in and make the damn motorgen omni! haha. Adam, I am limited in my tools, but you're right, I talked to Neal about starting to rip shit out of there so that shall commence today most likely. I am taking it to Neal's to actually pull the motor which means Ben or Mike I will need your help towing it down there, when are you available to do that Benjamin? It is going to be a loooong couple of weekends!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
hence why the c6z is the shit! If we could really put together a 12 second dodge omni for 5 g's we should all chip in and make the damn motorgen omni! haha. Adam, I am limited in my tools, but you're right, I talked to Neal about starting to rip shit out of there so that shall commence today most likely. I am taking it to Neal's to actually pull the motor which means Ben or Mike I will need your help towing it down there, when are you available to do that Benjamin? It is going to be a loooong couple of weekends!
Sometime next week in the evening would be the earliest if he can take it at night. BTW, as of last Friday Sears was having a tool sale. They had 240 piece Craftsman set with small case for like $169. That's basically how I got started.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)