Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
i knew there would be trouble in paradise for nissan.. maybe this is not such common problem, but for 80,000, i sure dont want to be the one to find out for myself... and as for them dethrowning the vette .. i dont think that will ever happen... nissan has limited itself in that market.. offering only one high horsepower car (and only one version of it) to get much real world R&D.. and now with bad press things will only get worse before they get better... good luck to them nissan owners...
I think a Spec-V is still in the pipeline. It would approximately be to the GT-R what the ZR1 is to the ZO6, though more hard core and lighter etc., whereas the ZR1 is actually a nicer GT than than the Z.

I think you're right about the problems of run size. This is their first year, some problems are to be expected and will take time to refine, but may be very difficult with only a couple thousand units a year. But if regular guys start showing up at track events in their truly stock GT-Rs and getting their asses handed to them by stock C6Zs, Nissan is going to have some serious explaining to do. There's already a ton of videos showing GT-R getting flat walked by the Z on the streets.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Chevy should let Porsche borrow a ZR1 and see what it does with one of their bad boy drivers.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #13
Super Moderator

What sucks about modern electronically controlled transmissions is, they need to be programmed and re-calibrated after being installed. There is no hope for those owners to buy a trans from Nissan and install it in there driveway, not even an independent mechanic will be able to service it. They'll need to take it to Nissan and cough up the $20K.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

Base price for the Z06 is still $69k. Even though I have seen talks of price increases across the board.

Yeah, $20K for a transmission! Wow. i'm sorry but for $20K it needs to be absolutely bulletproof.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Base price for the Z06 is still $69k. Even though I have seen talks of price increases across the board.

Yeah, $20K for a transmission! Wow. i'm sorry but for $20K it needs to be absolutely bulletproof.
I guess they've already hit. I checked the Chevy site before posting, they said:

Starts at $74,775*

BTW, you need this transmission:
http://www.jericoperformance.com/4.html

Buy two and give me one as a finder's fee. LOL.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I guess they've already hit. I checked the Chevy site before posting, they said:

Starts at $74,775*

BTW, you need this transmission:
http://www.jericoperformance.com/4.html

Buy two and give me one as a finder's fee. LOL.
Damn that thing looks nice
Old 10-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post

For $20K it needs to come with a h**ker that will s**k you off every night before you go to bed.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #18
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
For $20K it needs to come with a h**ker that will s**k you off every night before you go to bed.
A "do it all tranny"----priceless.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #19
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
That only comes with the Japan spec version.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
That only comes with the Japan spec version.
JDM FTW.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)