Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #791
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
My rest is 45 seconds, period. And I let anyone work in who wants to as long as they keep moving. Machines should be in constant use.
2-3 minutes is perfectly appropriate, anything more and you're just wasting time.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #792
I, Vettezuki

Depends on your goal. . I do things more related to endurance and anti-fatigue.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek11.htm

I did something like the superset circuit described at the bottom of this article when wrestling. They were brutal.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #793
pain's fun, hit me again

If you're looking to gain, then the 2-3 minute rest while lifting is perfect. If you want anarobic and endurance IMO you shouldn't even be using weights, the body has plenty of it for that purpose. For endurance and fatigue response it's all body control workouts for me.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #794
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
If you're looking to gain, then the 2-3 minute rest while lifting is perfect. If you want anarobic and endurance IMO you shouldn't even be using weights, the body has plenty of it for that purpose. For endurance and fatigue response it's all body control workouts for me.
It bit lower weight, higher reps, builds lactic acid tolerance, common adjunct training for tri-athlons etc. But some of the more intense Pilates/Yoga hybrids are also great, but I can never get my schedule to line up with the GroupX.

The longer wait periods are more idealized for building actual strength as that's the period for your body rebuilding ATP.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #795
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
It bit lower weight, higher reps, builds lactic acid tolerance, common adjunct training for tri-athlons etc. But some of the more intense Pilates/Yoga hybrids are also great, but I can never get my schedule to line up with the GroupX.

The longer wait periods are more idealized for building actual strength as that's the period for your body rebuilding ATP.
GroupX blows. Like I said, for lactic acid tolerance and anarobic strength etc., I.E. overall endurance, no weights are required, Isometric, plyometric and body control is all you need. Use the weight of yourself.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #796
Fast & Filthy

So now that you're all on the fitness thing how many have done a mud run? My wifes cousin (Steve) does them but he's only 25 and still in great shape. He's been asking Phil to do one with him and I think I want to do one too. Some of you know that I recently lost 30lbs. I started at 217 and am now down to 187.

Since then I started running to maintain my weight. At first I could only do 1.5 miles. I'm now doing 3 miles 4 to 5 days a week and it takes me about 23 minutes. I also walk a half mile home as a cool down. The mud runs Steve does are about 3 miles. I know I can run 3 miles but then there's the added obsticles that I'm not currently ready for.

Today on my walk home I stopped at a park and did 2 sets of what we used to call lines when I played basketball in high school. A line is a sprint that starts at the baseline. You run from the baseline to the free throw line, back to the baseline, then to the half court and back, then the other free throw line and back, then full court and back. It's roughly a 470ft sprint changing directions. I could only do two sets. I also did 10 pushups and 40 situps before, in between and after the two sets. I figure these will also help prepare me.

So for those who have done a mud run do you think these will help or should I do something different?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #797
pain's fun, hit me again

I've never done a mud run, but we have done sand and water fighting so its pretty similar.

Anything that involve dynamic power exercises, weighted jumps, frog hops, monk hops, and typically anything that requires an "explosion" motion, jumping, switch knees, etc

Stopping the world!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #798
pain's fun, hit me again

So I took my placement exam today for citrus, scored very well on my English placement, but I have a question when the fuck did they start including letters in math?

Stopping the world!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #799
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
So I took my placement exam today for citrus, scored very well on my English placement, but I have a question when the fuck did they start including letters in math?
As you probably saw it, since the early 800s or so. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #800
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
As you probably saw it, since the early 800s or so. . .
Being a caveman was never more instilled in my mind then today. Every time I saw a question like 3x +4y(3 x 1y-1) = ? I wanted to punch the monitor in the hopes of fucking up the computer and getting to go home.

Stopping the world!