Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default September 11, 2011 - Mulholland

------------------------
OP

If you're going to this event or just dig it, please take a second to click on the Like, Tweet, and/or +1 over there to the left. It really helps the the event and site to get more biggerer.

September 11, 2011

The Route.

Meet at 10:00am, or earlier for the Supercar Sunday Meet. 9/11 is a special meet. We roll at 11:00am. Both he meeting and ending point is:

6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd in Woodland Hills

You can also see us on Facebook, and invite your friends to the cruise.
http://www.facebook.com/Motorgen

NOTE: The OP of this thread is the one true source of current information. ANYTHING in any other post (including within this thread!), site or forum may not be current. Bookmark it.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 09-17-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #2

Step right up ladies and gentlemen, please turn your attention to the main stage where the Motorgen crowd will dazzle us with their feats of skill, acts of bravery and ability to stretch tales to their tallest!!!

Okay well, I guess this one is mine to throw down thanks to our glorious leader and a man named Utah...

Now I'm not sure when you all want to get together and make this happen, I'm good for just about anytime since my schedule usually dictates a yea or a nay for the entire day so it doesn't matter too much to me.

However...

The Supercar Sunday show at the The Promenade at Woodland Hills (6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd) is on Sunday morning between about 7am and 10:30am and it's usually my reason for driving all the way to friggin' Ventura to go drive, really I prefer ACH and now that it's open again I can go there in half the time. But if'n y'all are in favor of an afternoon run, that's fine as well although a good portion of the roads are in shadow by then. I really dig standing on Piuma looking over Malibu on one side with the valley on the other as the marine layer rolls back out to sea uncovering the south bay and on a good day all the way to the islands.

But I digress...

The Route

I've come back to the link only to have Google decide it wants to go a different way so here is what it is supposed to look like...

*let's avoid the confusion*

The Stunt/Schueren/Piuma bit is a photo-op road, these are nice smooth roads with good curves and enough ups and downs to make the driver smile and keep the wife from vomiting in your lap. Near the head of The Snake you'll find Paul from Rock Store Photos set up doing his thing, giving us all the opportunity for a poster shot if it turns out good. I purposely planned this part on the trip so he can shoot the drivers side of the car as we go by. Smart thinkin' huh?

Now as we all know I have rather questionable taste in food and even more questionable taste in establishments, so I will ask if anyone knows someplace in the area of the trip that they wouldn't have a problem taking their mom to, please speak up. I can't say I have been to a sit down restaurant that didn't have pictures of the food on the menu in quite some time, unsophisticated barbarian that I am.

So then, help a brotha' out.

I still need a time and a restaurant, the route I got down. (Although I have passed on a couple ideas to jefe)

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".

Last edited by Small White Car : 09-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #3

http://www.rubys.com/2-locations/locations.aspx

Unless they’re not there anymore. (I don’t know)
WOODLAND HILLS: 6100 Topanga Canyon Woodland Hills, CA 91367
818.713.1867 (Fax)
woodlandhills@rubys.com
Sun. - Thurs. 7AM - 9:00PM
Fri. - Sat. 7AM - 10:30PM

Last edited by Redondo Jon : 08-26-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: More information
Old 08-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #4

^^^Isn't one within 35 miles of Woodland Hills and the one in Malibu is closed UFN
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 08-29-2011, 02:36 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Well there is a Sandwich and Salad place inside the same mall as the take off place that has a good Yelp rating (FWIW) and reasonable prices. THe good news there is that parking shouldn't be a problem at least. There's an In N' Out not too far from there, but it looks like a disaster waiting to happen if several dozen cars roll up on it . . basically it just won't work.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stone-oven-canoga-park

Would be nice to get something with a little more character though.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
. . . There is a point on the map where, if some of the smaller cars or more technical drivers would like, it is possible to use an alternate route to go from Mulholland to P.C.H. Latigo Canyon parallels Kanan Dume Road so perhaps we can figure out a regrouping point on P.C.H. near the terminus of both roads and us little guys can have some fun . . .
Honestly, it's challenging enough to get a larger group to attempt following one route. Throwing in alternates would be impossible to convey sensibly to people who just show up for the run (which happens a lot). Let's stick to the one true route.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #7

well I saw a group of a few corvettes and camaros cruising PCH along side me a while back. Wouldnt you know they ended the cruise at KFC on PCH hahahaha.

Malibu Seafood is great but last time I went on a cruise that ended there we all had to park on the street. It made for great pictures though.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
http://www.rubys.com/2-locations/locations.aspx

Unless they’re not there anymore. (I don’t know)
WOODLAND HILLS: 6100 Topanga Canyon Woodland Hills, CA 91367
818.713.1867 (Fax)
woodlandhills@rubys.com
Sun. - Thurs. 7AM - 9:00PM
Fri. - Sat. 7AM - 10:30PM

Well, two things...

First off, I don't think that particular Ruby's is there any longer, since the building that used to house Ruby's is now a parking lot.

Edit: Looks to me like they may have moved indoors.

And second, well, it would seem it's actually the correct meet spot and I put down the wrong mall as point A. Supercar Sunday is at the Westfield Promenade. It's about a half mile closer to the run and there is a restaurant or two there that might make everyone happy.

So, yeah. Looks like I'm off to a flying one once again.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to sinaSRT-4

Looking forward to this cruise route. Should make for some great pictures and vids.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #10

I may not make it. I think I will be cooking burgers and hotdogs for my youth group's picnic that day. I thought it was going to be on Saturday, but they moved it to Sunday.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z