Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Is an off road cruise a good idea?
Thought you'd never ask. 4 80.00%
Whattaya, ritahdid or someth'n? 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Test for Echo - Off Road Cruise?

I've had a Jeep Wrangler since I was 16, and I've still got it, thought it doesn't get used much these days. But man, do I have many . . . many fond memories of various off road aventures from my wayward youth. Maybe a Motorgen off road (relatively light and easy) would be a lot of fun.

I'm thinking November, Big Bear, and Ralley Car friendly roads. What say you?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 09-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
Fast & Filthy

I'm almost finished doing a solid axle swap on my '95 Explorer but if I have it done by November I'm up for a run. However, I like tougher runs. How about running the Silverwood Lake trail?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

My friend with a VERY tricked out Jeep and his dad (also with a very tricked out Jeep) have been talking about something in November. Perhaps we can combine forces

Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I'm almost finished doing a solid axle swap on my '95 Explorer but if I have it done by November I'm up for a run. However, I like tougher runs. How about running the Silverwood Lake trail?
Don't know that one. How tough is it? I'll need to get a trail guide and check some out. When I was young, before my brain had fully formed, I did some fairly hairy off roading, especially for a stock Jeep.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
My friend with a VERY tricked out Jeep and his dad (also with a very tricked out Jeep) have been talking about something in November. Perhaps we can combine forces
What are they thinking of doing?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What are they thinking of doing?
We were just planning to go off-roading. We were actually talking about the Big Bear area. Let me hit him up and see where he wants to go. I don't know much about good off-roading trails in the area All I know for sure is I doubt the Cobra would do very well on the kind of trails he goes on

Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Don't know that one. How tough is it? I'll need to get a trail guide and check some out. When I was young, before my brain had fully formed, I did some fairly hairy off roading, especially for a stock Jeep.
I did it in my Explorer when it was stock but I'm a very experienced off roader. It's the trail I take my friends on when they are first learning to off road. I taken a stock Wrangler and a stock Discovery through and they both made it.

What size tires are on your Jeep? Does it have a lift? Does it have open axles or limited slips or lockers?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #8
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
We were just planning to go off-roading. We were actually talking about the Big Bear area. Let me hit him up and see where he wants to go. I don't know much about good off-roading trails in the area All I know for sure is I doubt the Cobra would do very well on the kind of trails he goes on
My brother belongs to a 4 wheel drive club named Spinnin Fours and he and I go wheelin about once a month. Well at least we did before I started my axle swap! He knows all the trails in Big Bear and I'm sure he would be happy to lead a run if you guys are interested.

Here's his FJ40

http://www.spinninfours.com/phil.html

Old 09-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #9
Fast & Filthy

Here are a couple photos of my Explorer on the Silverwood trail.

Silverwood 1

Silverwood 2

I'm still having trouble inserting an image. What I did was copied the url for the photo, then clicked on the Insert Image icon and then pasted the url. When I do the image doesn't display.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
My brother belongs to a 4 wheel drive club named Spinnin Fours and he and I go wheelin about once a month. Well at least we did before I started my axle swap! He knows all the trails in Big Bear and I'm sure he would be happy to lead a run if you guys are interested.

Here's his FJ40

http://www.spinninfours.com/phil.html
Oh man, my friend would LOVE to hang with your brother. That is an AWESOME FJ. I'd say definitely ask your brother for suggestions. If he wants to pop in this thread to offer some input, that'd be awesome

Closed Thread