Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #1

Default AMS Evo X 450whp GT35R Pup gas

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-d...e-35r-kit.html

In the link. AMS makes 450whp on pump gas with there proto-type 35Rkit.
Im just gonna put random progress of the evo X's for you guys that our interested. Since its a all new platform/engine and everyone is learning as time goes.
In the beginning everyone had doubts of the aluminum block compared to the 4G63. But its proving to hold its own quite well with no motors blown and trannys holding to high power (besides clutch)
So far so good but now to see if it can hold for high milage which only time will tell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

I'm generally a fan of a firecracker high compression naturally aspirated motor (or roots/twin screw SC) for the throttle response. But jeeze, that much power out of a wee little thing is impressive no matter what.

"I am continually impressed with the results that we are getting out of a completely stock long block with completely stock cams. The spool up is also what I would expect and totally acceptable for a turbo that is this size. Surprisingly, it spools up about as quickly as a couple of the 30R's that we have been messing around with lately."

Exactly how does a 30R spool?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassAppeal View Post
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-d...e-35r-kit.html

In the link. AMS makes 450whp on pump gas with there proto-type 35Rkit.
Im just gonna put random progress of the evo X's for you guys that our interested. Since its a all new platform/engine and everyone is learning as time goes.
In the beginning everyone had doubts of the aluminum block compared to the 4G63. But its proving to hold its own quite well with no motors blown and trannys holding to high power (besides clutch)
So far so good but now to see if it can hold for high milage which only time will tell
Holy crap that's impressive. Running 24PSI on pump gas is crazy. Do you know if they did this with 91 octane or not? I bet they're using 93 octane or something. I wish we had that out here
Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Holy crap that's impressive. Running 24PSI on pump gas is crazy. Do you know if they did this with 91 octane or not? I bet they're using 93 octane or something. I wish we had that out here
Yeah, I wondered about that. What's the stock static compression on an EvoX? I was always under the impression that 15psi intercooled on 8.5:1 static compression and 91 octane seems to be about as much as you can get before naughty things start to happen. Of course there are some variables like DI and whatnot that might change that some, but up to 24psi. Seems like high octane territory no matter what.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #5

They used 93 Oct! 24 psi is nothing. I run that now! stock psi on the new evos is 23-24psi!
the older evos I believe ran 19-20psi stock

Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassAppeal View Post
They used 93 Oct! 24 psi is nothing. I run that now! stock psi on the new evos is 23-24psi!
the older evos I believe ran 19-20psi stock
What is the static compression on IX and X?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What is the static compression on IX and X?
not 100% sure let me find out or cornfed might know!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #8

evo9 = 8:1 compression (stock boost 18-19psi, but ive found in alot of cases now evo's are only hitting 16psi i think they got detuned in some cases off the boat)

evo 10 = 9:1 compression and they are around 22-24psi stock

also the spool of a 30r chould hit full boost at 42-4300rpm

but on my turbo which is a 30r wheel shoved in a stock evo turbo housing will hit full spool at 3800rpm

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
evo9 = 8:1 compression (stock boost 18-19psi, but ive found in alot of cases now evo's are only hitting 16psi i think they got detuned in some cases off the boat)

evo 10 = 9:1 compression and they are around 22-24psi stock

also the spool of a 30r chould hit full boost at 42-4300rpm

but on my turbo which is a 30r wheel shoved in a stock evo turbo housing will hit full spool at 3800rpm

Is the EvoX Direct Injection?

How the F do you get 22-24psi on a 9:1 motor with 91 or even 93 octane, even if you're intercooling like crazy? The timing must be down to nothing . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Is the EvoX Direct Injection?

How the F do you get 22-24psi on a 9:1 motor with 91 or even 93 octane, even if you're intercooling like crazy? The timing must be down to nothing . . .
Not sure on the whole technical aspects...
but it seems to be working just fine!