Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default FWD cannot drift.

I know this will piss people off, but it needs to happen.

FWD drifting is not drifting, it's power sliding. A drift can be done forever, a FWD car when it loses the rear, must eventually come to a stop. It can't drift around an oval indefinitely like a RWD car can.

Impressive as this may be, this is just power sliding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dGt0RnZcO88

I can't embed this video, help Ben!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Drifting.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

Impressive as this may be, this is just power sliding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dGt0RnZcO88

I don't find any bit of this impressive in the least.

As a matter of fact, a little part of me weeps for the world...

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 09-25-2011, 02:05 AM   #4

Two things:
First, anything that can be done in an accord has nothing to do with skilled driving, lol.
Second, I just wanna point out the first comment which I don't in any way agree with or want to include in my opinions, but thought it was pretty hilarious, "So you're allowed to fire automatic weapons from a car that's driving dangerously, endangering your own lives and the lives of those around you, but you're not allowed to drink beer because your holy book says it damages your body?"
Old 09-25-2011, 03:59 AM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozak View Post
Two things:
First, anything that can be done in an accord has nothing to do with skilled driving, lol.
Second, I just wanna point out the first comment which I don't in any way agree with or want to include in my opinions, but thought it was pretty hilarious, "So you're allowed to fire automatic weapons from a car that's driving dangerously, endangering your own lives and the lives of those around you, but you're not allowed to drink beer because your holy book says it damages your body?"
Pretty sure there are lots of other books that prove that
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozak View Post
Two things:
LOL!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #7

My next Camry test drive is gonna be SOOOO much better !
Old 12-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmom56 View Post
Gran Turismo is my fav.
Forza 4 is better

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmom56 View Post
You CAN E-brake it, but you can't keep it drifting for very long. The front wheels are used for steering and if you try to drift, you will lose control when you turn from side to side to control the drift. SIMPLE PHYSICS. Read about the subject or even play some video games (Gran Turismo is my fav.) and you'll begin to see the reality. I personally don't think very positive of fwd cars. I like rwd and when the going gets rough, awd and 4wd is best. There's just not much need for FWD anymore.
It's NOT drifting, for any time.

Drifting requires the rear wheels to push the car forward, while losing traction, causing the car to oversteer. Drifting happens when you fight the over steer by countersteering, pushing the car forward, instead of spinning out.

You CAN'T break traction with the rear wheels in a FWD car WHILE PUSHING the car forward.

The best you can do in a FWD car is slide on the rear wheels and correct, but it will inevitably and undoubtedly come to a stop, quickly. You can't drift around a roundabout forever in a FWD car.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Uhm, you know thats a Bot, right?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!