Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001GT302 View Post
You well never have to pay impound fees if you don't do anything wrong to get impounded....
Not true, i was quick towed (in my dually no less) while in LA in a spot clearly marked for parking, their argument was my truck was too large for the spot (bullshit) and that i also wasnt in the restaurant that the parking lot was intended for (bullshit)

After 2 dozen phone calls, and countless weeks i was out the $500 they forced me to pay for them having my truck for all of 15 minutes.

Those guys are car theifs and extortionists.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #12

I think the tow companies do charge too much money for impounding. They also charge too much for a tow period. I've had my car impounded for three days and it cost me nearly $400. I've also gotten into an accident (no other cars involved) and the nice officer offered to call me a tow. What he failed to mention is that the tow company, when called by the city, charges $180 for their service. My car was towed about 4 miles. I can see why ya'll would be upset at those crooks for that.

But to side with illegal aliens? Never. I can't wrap my head around that. They don't have rights here and they sure as hell don't have the privileges that citizens enjoy. They drive here illegally. They don't have insurance. They don't have the same financial responsibilities we have as citizens when they crash into you and total your car. I only have liability insurance so if it happens to me, I'm boned. That doesn't sit well with me. See, when you break the law, you get to suffer the consequences like everyone else. If you're here illegally, you get the same treatment. I went to court November 2010 for a traffic violation. Half the people in there (about 80) needed a translator and guess what, they were all in there for the same thing. Driving without a license. I'm not saying that they were illegal aliens just because they didn't speak english but I will say that this country requires that you know english to be a citizen. If they were born here, our school systems teaches them english at the burden of taxpayers. You be the judge. The court has to employee a translator for people who don't belong here in the first place? I say that's bull fucking shit. Do you realize what that means? Half of our resources are tied up dealing with illegal aliens. What do you think the financial impact of this kind of shit to this state amounts to? It raised a big question in my mind. Why weren't these law breakers dealt according to the law other than there infraction for driving without a license? Why is that?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #13

The illegal alien parts was the only thig that upset me. I think if their car gets towed, it gets auctioned off at the same time, you don't get it back. Who knows, it might even be stolen too.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #14

I think if you get caught here driving illegally and you're not a citizen, you should get an all expenses paid trip back to where you came from.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Not true, i was quick towed (in my dually no less) while in LA in a spot clearly marked for parking, their argument was my truck was too large for the spot (bullshit) and that i also wasnt in the restaurant that the parking lot was intended for (bullshit)

After 2 dozen phone calls, and countless weeks i was out the $500 they forced me to pay for them having my truck for all of 15 minutes.

Those guys are car theifs and extortionists.
I was referring to the situation in question driving without a driving license.
Answer a question for me do meter maids work on commission? I was once told they were but I not from a reliable source.

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 01-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
The illegal alien parts was the only thig that upset me. I think if their car gets towed, it gets auctioned off at the same time, you don't get it back. Who knows, it might even be stolen too.
Agreed!!!

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 01-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer89 View Post
I think if you get caught here driving illegally and you're not a citizen, you should get an all expenses paid trip back to where you came from.
All the profit from the sale of the car could be used for this!!

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 01-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001GT302 View Post
I was referring to the situation in question driving without a driving license.
Answer a question for me do meter maids work on commission? I was once told they were but I not from a reliable source.
Shit it sure seems like it!
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer89 View Post
The only problem with that is that cops cant even ask you if you are a legal or not anymore. Its sad, but everyone has "rights and feelings".

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."