Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Explain your signature.

I was going to ask Sean what provoked his, but decided to make a thread out of it.

Mine:

My friend Dan the aerospace engineer always asks too many questions. He over thinks everything. He was checking out my boat and I told him it had a SBC out of a Camaro.

He got all flustered and said "What? You can't run a car engine in a boat. Has it been modified by a marine shop with different heads or a different cam or something?" To which I replied "Whatever, it's a motor, it spins."

Which I thought was a rather eloquent definition for an engine.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

do i have one yet?

edit, nope guess not
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Super Moderator

How bout the one under your avatar?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
How bout the one under your avatar?
Oh. im a martial arts instructor, and of all the people in the dojo i actually liked doing the iron body stuff, running your hangs through hot coal and sand, punching gravel, hitting my shins with ball peen hammers. So sensei as a joke said "Guy thinks pain is fun, hit him if you dont believe me" so, i never lose a fight, either i beat the crap out of the dude, or i get some good shots
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Oh. im a martial arts instructor, and of all the people in the dojo i actually liked doing the iron body stuff, running your hangs through hot coal and sand, punching gravel, hitting my shins with ball peen hammers. So sensei as a joke said "Guy thinks pain is fun, hit him if you dont believe me" so, i never lose a fight, either i beat the crap out of the dude, or i get some good shots
That's called masochism and can be indicative of other underlying pathologies. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That's called masochism and can be indicative of other underlying pathologies. . .
Not really, i did it for a purpose, and i had no choice about it, its not like i sit around and cut myself when im bored. That was training i benfited from, no different than lifting weights. And i have a really high tolerancy for pain, so what hurts you feels normal to me due to the nerve damage im sure.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Not really, i did it for a purpose, and i had no choice about it, its not like i sit around and cut myself when im bored. That was training i benfited from, no different than lifting weights. And i have a really high tolerancy for pain, so what hurts you feels normal to me due to the nerve damage im sure.

I'm teasing. I know where you're coming from. In sorta similar ways I like the feeling of overcoming pain and exhaustion for endurance events, like a traithlon. I was a wrestler for a little while in HS, and a catcher in baseball for years and years, both of which involve quite a bit of getting knocked around and beat up, in a sort of fun way.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm teasing. I know where you're coming from. In sorta similar ways I like the feeling of overcoming pain and exhaustion for endurance events, like a traithlon. I was a wrestler for a little while in HS, and a catcher in baseball for years and years, both of which involve quite a bit of getting knocked around and beat up, in a sort of fun way.
Yep, i dont like all pain, but there is just something about catching a shin to the head that says "Yeah you're still alive and its not gonna be that easy"
Old 08-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
He didn't mean suicidal, he meant sex dirty.

I don't like pain, I like Vicodin.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I am with you Adam! "The rattler"