Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #1

Default 91 octane is the devil!

all i have to say is that 91 octane is the damn devil!!!

so as some of you know i got my map switching switch installed which lets me toggle between 2 maps saved on the stock ecu's memory.

well i was running a little low on e85 and decided he its a perfect time to do a 91octane tune.

well this should explain it all ..simple and too the point!

so i got a base map laid out loaded it to my car and filled up and the local chevron.....and let it idled a while to make sure the e85 was out of there and then with in seconds!! my lopey as fuck loud donkey cock idle of cammed manlyness goes away and my car sounds like kitten puring and i start smelling un catylized petrol ....very unpleasent to the nose.

so i drive around tune the middle cruising area its very rich with the huge injectors and dual fuel pump.

so i get that under wraps. 0 knock hooray!!

well as most of u know first comes love then comes marries then comes my baby doing a WOT run.....well i forgot to turn down the boost .

u could hear it sputtering and detonating left and right like it was the 4th of july in my cylinders.

well i get out and turn the boosties down.....worst feeling ever!!!

so i give my controller 2 full turns counter clockwise......remember every 1/4th turn = 1psi

so i go at it again and gun it......i hit 23psi my car felt like it just had this huge flat spot in hp and tq......this discribes how i felt quite well ....

where is the beef i pondered!!

well after checking with the hp estimater i had lost 72tq and 110hp....

now i know what it feels like to have ur man hood stripped from ones self.

worst expereince tuning ever!!!!

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
all i have to say is that 91 octane is the damn devil!!!

so as some of you know i got my map switching switch installed which lets me toggle between 2 maps saved on the stock ecu's memory.

well i was running a little low on e85 and decided he its a perfect time to do a 91octane tune.

well this should explain it all ..simple and too the point!

so i got a base map laid out loaded it to my car and filled up and the local chevron.....and let it idled a while to make sure the e85 was out of there and then with in seconds!! my lopey as fuck loud donkey cock idle of cammed manlyness goes away and my car sounds like kitten puring and i start smelling un catylized petrol ....very unpleasent to the nose.

so i drive around tune the middle cruising area its very rich with the huge injectors and dual fuel pump.

so i get that under wraps. 0 knock hooray!!

well as most of u know first comes love then comes marries then comes my baby doing a WOT run.....well i forgot to turn down the boost .

u could hear it sputtering and detonating left and right like it was the 4th of july in my cylinders.

well i get out and turn the boosties down.....worst feeling ever!!!

so i give my controller 2 full turns counter clockwise......remember every 1/4th turn = 1psi

so i go at it again and gun it......i hit 23psi my car felt like it just had this huge flat spot in hp and tq......this discribes how i felt quite well ....

where is the beef i pondered!!

well after checking with the hp estimater i had lost 72tq and 110hp....

now i know what it feels like to have ur man hood stripped from ones self.

worst expereince tuning ever!!!!
Be careful dude, I think you're only allowed to blow one engine during a 12 month period
Old 02-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Oh, and 91 octane does suck
Old 02-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

What a great post.

PS If you're ever down to try, why don't we do a 10gal 91 : 1 quart Torco Race Fuel concentrate map and see how she goes. That *should* be about 102 according to the Torco peeps. I'll supply the Torco. I'd be galdurned curious.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #5

i do need to be careful with blowing engines im getting too famous for that!!

but im down to try out this torco stuff. ill let the a/f ratio due all the talking first before i even touch timing!

the only problem is my new laptop is using vista 64bit and the driver for my usb to serial port adapter i use on my wideband to well......convert it to usb lol. so currently its unreadable on my new laptop.

the laptop i used for tuning was from this girl i kinda play with in west covina sense it has normal 32bit vista and well i guess her dads computer took a shit and he was bitching at her to get the laptop back so he can use it so i gave it back today so she wouldnt get in trouble.

im not totally even done with my 91 tune yet....im getting a check engine light for running to rich bwahahahaha so i need to lean things up a bit more.

and check this every so oftem i get a random cylinder misfire code on mega cold nights and days on e85 because it a tad leaner then it should be in cold weather....haha damn there is no pleasing the fuel gods!!

Old 02-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
i do need to be careful with blowing engines im getting too famous for that!!

but im down to try out this torco stuff. ill let the a/f ratio due all the talking first before i even touch timing!

the only problem is my new laptop is using vista 64bit and the driver for my usb to serial port adapter i use on my wideband to well......convert it to usb lol. so currently its unreadable on my new laptop.

the laptop i used for tuning was from this girl i kinda play with in west covina sense it has normal 32bit vista and well i guess her dads computer took a shit and he was bitching at her to get the laptop back so he can use it so i gave it back today so she wouldnt get in trouble.

im not totally even done with my 91 tune yet....im getting a check engine light for running to rich bwahahahaha so i need to lean things up a bit more.

and check this every so oftem i get a random cylinder misfire code on mega cold nights and days on e85 because it a tad leaner then it should be in cold weather....haha damn there is no pleasing the fuel gods!!
Just let me know when you want to give Torco a whirl. I'd like to be a little scientific about it. Like mix the Gas:Torco externally, drain the tank and fill it with the mix so we know what we're working with.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Oh, and 91 octane does suck
Well, I beg to differ. I have 11 to 1 compression and run on 91 just fine. But, that's just me.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Well, I beg to differ. I have 11 to 1 compression and run on 91 just fine. But, that's just me.

haha well for those of us that dont live in the land of candy and unicorns 91 came straight from pee hole of the feared lucifer himself!

i like my compression the way i like my valve timing and my ex's emotions.....variable damnit and controlled by little bottons i push.....its just american

also vette ya i have no problem using that method.

ive drained my tank before by unhooking the fuel rail feed line and dumping the contents of my tank into a bucket not hard at all.

when ever that guy that makes my tuning program makes his own driver patch for 64bit vista i can stop relying on others laptops

Old 02-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
Neanderthal

Quote:
haha well for those of us that dont live in the land of candy and unicorns 91 came straight from pee hole of the feared lucifer himself!

i like my compression the way i like my valve timing and my ex's emotions.....variable damnit and controlled by little bottons i push.....its just american

also vette ya i have no problem using that method.

ive drained my tank before by unhooking the fuel rail feed line and dumping the contents of my tank into a bucket not hard at all.

when ever that guy that makes my tuning program makes his own driver patch for 64bit vista i can stop relying on others laptops
Pushing buttons for control is NOT American, just watch the Cannonball II movie!
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Pushing buttons for control is NOT American, just watch the Cannonball II movie!
I think he was going the other way with that one before he stopped himself. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)