Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #1

Default Mas Tequila!!!

Any fans of the cactus juice here?

I haven't been as into the scene as much as I was when the market was thin and top shelf meant top shelf, the agave blight ended awhile ago though and the market was flooded with cheap hooch dressed up as 'fine Tequila' due to market demand.

That's why I don't drink Patron anymore, too big too fast and they suffered, right now they live on familiarity.

But I digress...

I've sampled about 150-175 different labels, mostly in the reposado and blanco ranges as the anejo is much too 'woody' for my palate, may as well drink whiskey.

Right now I have an open bottle of 'Tres Mujeres' on my desk (room temp, never cold) which is a lovely reposado, pale golden color, very little bite and a smooth finish with just a slight pepper at the end.

Before this bottle I bought a great blanco for $20! "El Ausente" (which translates to 'the absentee', I dunno either) is a great deal if you can find it.

AsomBroso (Astonishing! I love these names.) hit the market a few years back with the ultimate panty dropper, 'La Rosa' reposado is aged in used Bordeaux barrels which imparts a pink color and a very sweet 'twang' that the ladies just seemed to love. As of late though the quality has slipped due to the popularity of Tequila peaking a couple years back and since agave takes 7-12 years to mature, we'll be drinking 'futures' quality juice until it runs out and the market regains it's stability. And what about that bottle!!

One day I hope to enjoy what is truly the holy grail of Tequila, that would be the bottle on the far right above.

One THOUSAND dollars a bottle and from what I have heard, worth every centavo...
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Do those bottles come with a battery and remote control . . .

My introduction to Tequila was a trip to Yosemite in a van with 10 Mexican friends and family (I was the only gringo). But it was just old Joe. I'd like to sip on some of the gucci stuff some day.

I love my Scotch, especially "petey" ones like Laphroaig and Lagavullan. But my standard drink is a glass of Vodka.

My brother and I are entertaining the manufacture of a certain highly effective alcoholic beverage. One other thing I'd like to try that's less legally questionable is a cactus pear mead. They're all over my mom's property, so one of the raw materials are nearly free and I've heard it's fantastic. It takes about 2.5 years to mature though.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
pain's fun, hit me again

I like the song
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #4

Tequila doesn't agree with my gringo belly.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I like the song

Actually, the latest distillery to produce Cabo Wabo Tequila is doing quite a good job, their blanco is superb however I would hold off on the rest of the range until the old NOM is sold off.

Tequila, it's not just for raging hangovers any more...

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Tequila doesn't agree with my gringo belly.

You are young and have much too learn grasshopper...

Hit me up in five years, if I'm still alive I'll take you on a tour that'll show you a whole new world of spirits. Leave your salt and lemon at home, you won't need it.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Actually, the latest distillery to produce Cabo Wabo Tequila is doing quite a good job, their blanco is superb however I would hold off on the rest of the range until the old NOM is sold off.

Tequila, it's not just for raging hangovers any more...

I'll take your word for it, i've never tasted alcohol and never will
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:33 AM   #8

I have made raisin jack in my past. I also made some 190 proof rum in my chemistry class when I was learning about distilling.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 08-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I'll take your word for it, i've never tasted alcohol and never will

I can totally respect that...

Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Though I dont drink alcohol, I do LOVE the cabo wabo in vegas. A/C indoors, misters outside, always playing good music, food isnt expensive especially for overhanging the strip. Always like a little party when you eat there.

Stopping the world!