Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 AM   #261
Super Moderator

What's the low down on this blower? What does it need to spin and compress?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:32 AM   #262
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
What's the low down on this blower? What does it need to spin and compress?
Shaft housing and end plate:
http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showth...3376#post13376

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2009, 02:44 AM   #263
Super Moderator

With all of the skilled welders on this project we can't fix that end plate? What's wrong with the shaft housing?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #264
I, Vettezuki

Default Repairing the 174

It's looking kinda bleak on the 174. I talked to Troy at Ford Performance Solutions today and he said he used to run one long ago, and several broken units came through his shop, but nobody wanted to touch them; something to the effect of "can't be rebuilt."

He suggested that since B&M now own McLeod we might call over there (local) and see if they just happened to have any blower bits laying around or know somebody that might be able to repair it for a reasonable price. Didn't sound too optimistic though.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #265
I, Vettezuki

Default Max Power for a 302 Block

FYI: Troy said these blocks are safe to about 550 BHP stock, and with a main support to about 650 BHP.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #266
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
FYI: Troy said these blocks are safe to about 550 BHP stock, and with a main support to about 650 BHP.
If the blower isn't going to be able to be fixed then lets ditch the hydraulic roller and put in a solid flat tappet that will turn some high rpms. Something like this Lunati. Then add a good single plane intake like a Victor Jr. We can also keep the independent rearend and the 4.10 gears.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #267
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
If the blower isn't going to be able to be fixed then lets ditch the hydraulic roller and put in a solid flat tappet that will turn some high rpms. Something like this Lunati. Then add a good single plane intake like a Victor Jr. We can also keep the independent rearend and the 4.10 gears.
I think this is an excellent baseline fall back, but I'd still like to explore the possibility of other options. What about a Paxton Novi 1000, or other cheap centrifugal? I have the resources to mill a custom bracket. And don't tell me a Mad Max style turbo setup wouldn't be kinda fun.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #268

Ok, at this point, I think a turbo kit would be the cheepest way to go. Get a T70 and boost it to the moon!!!! Should go solid anyways!!! Solid rolller.... Y pipe to single turbo, shit don't even need a intercooler, NOS or METH. Need to spend money on a blow thru carb... or an aftermarket FI system. Carb would be cheeper.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #269

If you guys going to go N/A Ill take that low compression engine... I have a core you guys can build, a 87 roller 302... Just let me know .
Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #270
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07gtpony View Post
Ok, at this point, I think a turbo kit would be the cheepest way to go. Get a T70 and boost it to the moon!!!! Should go solid anyways!!! Solid rolller.... Y pipe to single turbo, shit don't even need a intercooler, NOS or METH. Need to spend money on a blow thru carb... or an aftermarket FI system. Carb would be cheeper.
Are there off-the-shelf turbo manifolds for the 289/302? I haven't looked too much.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)