Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #61
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Que? You mean you guys will take the block and build it up, using the Fox as the test platform?
No. What he meant was AFTER the 302 is built he will put in his FOX body to run it for us. Sort of test run--or runs. Like I said; Isn't that nice.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #62
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
No. What he meant was AFTER the 302 is built he will put in his FOX body to run it for us. Sort of test run--or runs. Like I said; Isn't that nice.
Giving us the 351 heads would be nice. I can blow up the motor on test runs all by myself.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #63
Neanderthal

Quote:
Giving us the 351 heads would be nice. I can blow up the motor on test runs all by myself.
Yea, I think his heart was in the right place. But, you know.............
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #64
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
He should probably test it to see how long it will last too before it needs to be rebuilt. It's kind of like the old Tootsie Pop commercial with the owl. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop, The world will never know.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #65
I, Vettezuki

Default Ignition System

I want to clear as many items as early as possible. While the engine might take on some slightly different configurations, I don't imagine the ignition system will change all that much. With an eye towards performance value, what should I be looking for for this engine regarding distributor, coil, etc.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #66
I, Vettezuki

Default Trans Axle and Tires

Assuming the 4 speed wide ratio top loader, a 3.73 axle and 255/60x15 tires, here's what we're looking at for rpm vs. mph. I'm thinking a 6,000 to 6,500 rpm redline here. Let me know if you have some other axle and tire sires you want me to plug in.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
If Joe can remember what the redline was before it would help.

I also don't think there is a need to go through the bottom end with only 5000 miles but it wouldn't hurt to pull a rod and main bearing just to make sure they look good.

The engine seemed to quit making power ~ 5500 RPM, but I'm sure that is because it was choked down; stock exhaust manifolds, 2" exhaust, small ports and valves on the heads. I think that shortblock will hold up to about 550 - 600 HP. Much more than that at these blocks start splitting without further work.

I agree that the bottom end doesn't need to be gone through, but checking the bearings would be wise. Won't take much effort.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #68

Quote:
Total boost 12-15psi with methanol injection
I had the smallest pulley made for that blower when it was on my 347 and it would make 11-12 PSI, so I think 15 PSI will be hard to come by with that blower. It is affectionately referred to as a "baby blower" in the hotrod world.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #69

Quote:
I want to clear as many items as early as possible. While the engine might take on some slightly different configurations, I don't imagine the ignition system will change all that much. With an eye towards performance value, what should I be looking for for this engine regarding distributor, coil, etc.

This is what I used for ignition:

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/...ng_Master.aspx

http://www.msdignition.com/product.a...s=ford+e-curve

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/...r_SS_Coil.aspx

Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #70
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I had the smallest pulley made for that blower when it was on my 347 and it would make 11-12 PSI, so I think 15 PSI will be hard to come by with that blower. It is affectionately referred to as a "baby blower" in the hotrod world.
Good to know, let's get some good heads and shoot for 12 psi. With headers, good tune, etc. I'm guessing we could hit the 500BHP level, which should be stupid plenty in a 2,700lbs +- car.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)