Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #1

Default how much will it cost to max out a stealth look on ur car/ and or get into the 10's

so im asking yall to make a list of how much it would cost to A. do everything u can do to ur car and keep it looking stock as possible and B. how much will it cost u to get into the 10's. this includes tune, hardware, etc....

im wondering the cheapest mod cost to power ratio on everyones car. not including the actual cars cost.

-this is both my stealth and 10 sec list together:

turbo back exhaust ...........$400 used
fp red turbo ......................$1700 new
fuel pump .........................$100
1000cc injectors.................$250 used
cams................................$400 used
ebay intercooler.................$100 used
boost controller..................$25 used
tuning software..................FREE
loggin software..................$25
K&N drop in filter................$50
wideband O2 sensor...........$250
stock weight.....................FREE!!! lol

power - 540+hp/tq on e85

grand total = $3300-ish

so whats yours?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Mmm, if NOS counts, my motor would hold a blast or two of 150. A good launch at a real track and it should crack a high 10 okay . . . I think. I'd be deep into the 500s at the wheels. Cost. I dunno, $500-750. This would be at the upper limits of the LS stock internals and I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but should hold okay and get me into the 10s.

For reference, at Satan's track, a.k.a. California Speedway, my best (and I'm an average drag driver) is 12.645@112. I put 391 to the wheels. This is a tiny bit faster than Sean's Pullied Cobra (), the same configuration runs deep into the 11s at better tracks. This is all kinda guessing.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

Well with my Chevelle it only took a 150 shot to run a 10.18. I'm hoping to run in the 9's with a 180 shot and my new bottle heater.

For my Cobra ('94 5.0 with a Vortech S-Trim), I've gone 11.69 with a slipping clutch but I think with my new Spec Stage 3 Plus it will go in the 11.50 range. So I'm guessing it would take a 100 shot to get it in the 10's which would be the cheapest way. However, since it's my daily driver I'm happy with 11's.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
Internet Tough Guy

Nitrous= $799 for a 200 shot
A cheap set of repo 17's= $200
A pair of 17" DR's= $300

so for a c6 your are in for $1299

Free mods ditch the cats and teh passenger set for weight.

If you want to make it repeatable at in $600 for a z06 clutch and another $700 for installation.

Vettezuki: your 12.6 was on DR's? So far I've runa 12.3 at Cal speedway on Michillene PS2s. Where were you running deep in hte 11s? I got to check it out. I think i have enough MPH to hit 10s.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
. . . Vettezuki: your 12.6 was on DR's? So far I've runa 12.3 at Cal speedway on Michillene PS2s. Where were you running deep in hte 11s?
Speculation based on Corvette times at Ringer tracks, like English Town back on the East Coast. Bone stock C5 ZO6s with 405BHP turn in 11s on crap tires (great drivers), Imma figurin' my 455~bhp on DRs has gotta be good for 11s at an equivalent track. Also, Sean's Cobra, which is almost identically as fast, runs well into the 11s with the identical setup at those tracks.

CSW is a slow track for a few reasons: bad prep (on street legal days, therefore crap 60's), higher altitude, sometimes some sand on the track, it's often hot on track days, rumor has it runs ever so slightly up hill, and I think it might be built on an Indian burial ground . . . okay, I made that last one up.)

I'll tell you this for a fact, I'm 4 tenths faster and 5 mph faster(!) at the 1/8th mile at Irwindale.

I don't have all the conversions memorized, but to crack a high 10 with a typical C5/6 Vette you'd need 125 - 130 mph with a solid sub 2.0 60'.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Wait for BGN to jump in here and put us all to shame without resorting to nitrous.

My list:
Steel toe boots from Payless. $30
Waiting outside cornfed's house till he's done with all those mods. $0
Kicking cornfed in the balls, stealing his car and running 10s for free... priceless.

I'm pretty sure my car would do 10s with the right set of tires, if not a $100 pulley and a $300 intercooler would fix that. Hopefully I would only have to upgrade the diff to handle the power, which is anywhere from $1500 -$2500 I believe. Hopefully my Kevlar clutch would handle the power, although I'm already pushing the limits with it. I guess some slicks would be several hundred used so... I should be able to do it for $2k? Maybe 2.5K minimally.

Unless we're talkin one time for the record books, my diff might hold up for one run... might, maybe. Probably not. And oh yeah, don't you have to be an experienced driver to pull off 10s? I've never been down the track so I could do 13s at 130 like that Annihilator 1000 Viper for all I know.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Wait for BGN to jump in here and put us all to shame without resorting to nitrous.

My list:
Steel toe boots from Payless. $30
Waiting outside cornfed's house till he's done with all those mods. $0
Kicking cornfed in the balls, stealing his car and running 10s for free... priceless.

I'm pretty sure my car would do 10s with the right set of tires, if not a $100 pulley and a $300 intercooler would fix that. Hopefully I would only have to upgrade the diff to handle the power, which is anywhere from $1500 -$2500 I believe. Hopefully my Kevlar clutch would handle the power, although I'm already pushing the limits with it. I guess some slicks would be several hundred used so... I should be able to do it for $2k? Maybe 2.5K minimally.

Unless we're talkin one time for the record books, my diff might hold up for one run... might, maybe. Probably not. And oh yeah, don't you have to be an experienced driver to pull off 10s? I've never been down the track so I could do 13s at 130 like that Annihilator 1000 Viper for all I know.

awww not again thats my 3rd evo this month :-(
Old 09-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Whipple Swap - $5000 ish total
Slicks - $400
Clutch - $700

That should get me in, although I'd probably snap a half shaft eventually.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I think i have enough MPH to hit 10s.

Not unless you strip a lot of weight from your car and gear it down. My best in the Chevelle on the engine has been 11.11 at 121. If I regeared it from 3.73 to 4.56 I could probably pull a high 10 on the engine alone but then I'd run out of rpm on N2O.

You turn about the same mph as I do in the Cobra and on slicks my best is 11.69 at 118. That's launching at 6000rpm and also shifting at 6000. Again it would be quicker with 4.56's but with the 3.55 it's nice to drive everyday.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Not unless you strip a lot of weight from your car and gear it down. My best in the Chevelle on the engine has been 11.11 at 121. If I regeared it from 3.73 to 4.56 I could probably pull a high 10 on the engine alone but then I'd run out of rpm on N2O.

You turn about the same mph as I do in the Cobra and on slicks my best is 11.69 at 118. That's launching at 6000rpm and also shifting at 6000. Again it would be quicker with 4.56's but with the 3.55 it's nice to drive everyday.
Actually, last time that I was at California speedway I broke into th 120s (at ninety some degrees track temp). I think the car as alot more MPH left in it also. I'm running straight up street tires. Not Drag radials. I think If I slap on a set of DR's I will pick up a decent amount of MPH. Right know I'm almost in third before I can go all the way flat out. Also, I have to granny shift the shit out of the car. That alone is worth a couple of tenths. Finally, I've had the car out a total of maybe five times drag racing. With the exception of the first time I took it to Cal speedway the car has improved on E.T. or MPH every time.

Right now it stands 12.3 @120 with a 2.19 60' on 19" Michellene PS2. No NOS No Blower!