Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #1

Default dyno day

Maybe 10 pulls netted best numbers to date..even though this run sports a much smaller cam.....was 242/248/110* v. new cam 230/236/114*. Me thinks I went too small, leaving some on the table. This winter I will try a 242/248/112* or similar.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

That is pretty baller, congrats. You said something in another post about Fuel Injection making quite a difference over the Carb. Did I understand that right? Is it just a feel/smoothness thing, or is it a quantifiable, all things equal, FI gives better numbers with your application kind of thing?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #3

The fuel injection, I feel, was a big contributor to the gains i realized today. Prior numbers with the big cam and carburetor were 540 rwtq/535 rwhp. No other changes to the engine were made. The biggest improvement I noticed was better low-end throttle response.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
The fuel injection, I feel, was a big contributor to the gains i realized today. Prior numbers with the big cam and carburetor were 540 rwtq/535 rwhp. No other changes to the engine were made. The biggest improvement I noticed was better low-end throttle response.
What FI setup are you using?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #5

Good numbers...I agree, FI will get you bigger numbers and better mileage as well. FI has more variables to tune over the traditional carb set up.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What FI setup are you using?
FAST XFI

Side note...I picked up 40 rwhp by removing the s/c'er inlet piping and K/N air filter. The dyno operator/tuner suggested it.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
FAST XFI

Side note...I picked up 40 rwhp by removing the s/c'er inlet piping and K/N air filter. The dyno operator/tuner suggested it.
Why FAST? Did you consider any other systems, like BigStuff?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Why FAST? Did you consider any other systems, like BigStuff?
Looked at Accel gen VII, Fast and a little at bigstuff. I have a good relationship with a local Comp. Cams dealer, and FAST is a division of Comp. Cams. If I had any problems, they would be addressed. FAST had the features I wanted that Accel didn't, for only a few hundred more.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Fantastic numbers, congrats
Old 04-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Fantastic numbers, congrats
Thanks....I was hoping for 600rwhp....I think with a cam upgrade I'm there. In a funny way not making 600 is probably saving my stock block from turning into iron salad. I flat-lined my 2 bar map sensor for the last 500 rpm....

BTW...a late model Mustang wanted to play on the way home last night....but I think he spied my ProCharger license plate frame and mellowed out...I need to remove it.