Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Your Favorite Hippie Tree-Hugger Car

Money no object, what hippie tree-hugger car would you want to drive?

The Rules:
- Must be currently in production, or can reasonably be expected to be in production (e.g., Chevy Volt)
- Must have had the design purpose of being "environmentally conscious"
- It can cost anything. You decide what you want for your reasons.

For me, without the shadow of a doubt, it's a Fisker Karma. In fact, I'd say Henrik Fisker is my favorite living designer. These lines are just about perfect. The performance ain't too shaby and the luxury is undeniable. I'm not into saving the world through self sacrifice; I'm into enjoying life while not screwing with anybody else. So, I needs me some Karma.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

For me no question it's the Koenigsegg CCXR. It runs on E85 and makes 1018 hp

Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
For me no question it's the Koenigsegg CCXR. It runs on E85 and makes 1018 hp
Lots of cars (nearly all with minor modifications) can run on E85, so I'm not sure that counts really. The Karma for example, is a hybrid, but more than that, has wood trim from reclaimed trees (naturally fallen in the forest, recovered from lake bottoms), etc. It is specifically designed as an environmentally conscious car. Don't get me wrong, I love the Koenigsegg, but it doesn't quite cut it here.

EDIT: Not to mention E85 is really pretty much a political boondoggle and not at all that environmental friendly/effecient. It is a hell of a fuel for forced induction though.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Fast & Filthy

SSC Ultimate Areo EV. Twin electric motors producing 1,000 HP and 800 lb-ft and a top speed of 208 mph with a range of 150-200 miles on a single charge, but SSC's "Charge on the RunTM" onboard charging system allows for full battery recharges in as little as 10 minutes. Should be in production the end of this year.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
SSC Ultimate Areo EV. Twin electric motors producing 1,000 HP and 800 lb-ft and a top speed of 208 mph with a range of 150-200 miles on a single charge, but SSC's "Charge on the RunTM" onboard charging system allows for full battery recharges in as little as 10 minutes. Should be in production the end of this year.
This I didn't know about. Cool.

Some observations.
Those are HUGE motors. They must be going direct drive to the wheels? Or are they siamesed and going direct through an axle? That's a stout range for motors of that size, must be a pretty damn big pack. What's "Charge on the Run". Have to check it out some more.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This I didn't know about. Cool.

Some observations.
Those are HUGE motors. They must be going direct drive to the wheels? Or are they siamesed and going direct through an axle? That's a stout range for motors of that size, must be a pretty damn big pack. What's "Charge on the Run". Have to check it out some more.
Not sure, I pulled the info from their website. There's also a Shelby Cobra made by someone but I don't know who that is also electric. I saw it on an episode of Supercars Exposed that a girl drifter drove for the show.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #7

Yeah thats right, 2004 Civic Hybrid (with the douchie carpool access pass)

/win
Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post

Yeah thats right, 2004 Civic Hybrid (with the douchie carpool access pass)

/win
Nice. I haven't driven one of those but I have driven the Toyota Prius and I hated it. I drove my mother-in-law's from here to Colorado for work and my back hurt so bad from that trip. The seating is horrible.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #9

Alright, I do have a legitimate reason for that pick. The girl I dated in HS owned said car so I drove one quite a number of miles, and TBH I wouldn’t mind owning one... as a second car that is...

1) All hybrids(non exotic fantasy ones) look gayer than aids
2) The new civic models look especially like balls (coupe & sedan)
3) The old 4 door was actually decent to drive, it was alot faster than you would immagine (but still slow)
4) It got ~43mpg driving aggressively in the hills of Anaheim with AC running
5) Its a Honda, so no maintenance issues will ever arise
6) The interior is comfortable and there are plenty of amenities
7) No more sitting in stopped traffic on the 55 every morning for 35mins when it should take 12

Add tint and new rims and i'd be content

If I was to be less... practical
Lexus GS450h
Old 07-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #10
FWD = FAIL

WATCH THE VIDEO
HIPPIE STUFF STARTS AT 6:38