Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #1

Default Sorry, I've been negligent.....

Massive work hours, planning a vacation (to a flooded state no less), and absolutely no desire to race nor watch racing...... I must be sick.... I've always been a rabid lover of drag racing & wrenching.... Anyways, i've been away from the site for a while now and finally thought I'd come over & try to play catch up.
1) My golf game is improving... I'm down to the average golfer's handicap=18.....(bogey average)
2) My power steering is leaking like a levy in Iowa.....
3) The 331 stroker build has begun.... block is out for machining, 4340 nitrided crank, H beam rods, AFR185 heads, RPMII intake, custom cam ground for the heavier ride, etcetera.....
4) Trying like heck to get it together & dialed in for Mustang Madness July 24th \ 25th (I believe).....

Did I miss any earth shattering events?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple View Post
. . .

Did I miss any earth shattering events?
Sean got a marriage license to marry his long time secret boyfriend, which really came as a shock to Alexis.

Ok, I made that up.

His lil' Bro did finish up a refresh on his 87 Turbo Buick. So you're asking yourself, hey, how does a sorta stock 87' TB run against a mostly stock 04' Cobra. About like this. In all fairness though, the Cobra is faster.

I set a new personal best on a new set of DRs of 12.6@112. Still can't crack a 2.0 60' to save my life.

The official fastest car on Motorgen right now is a (drum roll please); you guessed it . . . a turbo civic.

There. Did that spark your racing interest.

keithc took a bunch of nice picks from Cruisin Brea. Lots of Mustangs.

We're planning a local (OC/LA) one day cruise in late July early August. Maybe you and some buddies would dig it.

I started training for a Triathlon (raising money for LLS). Shaved legs and all. If the price is right, I'll even post pics

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-18-2008, 06:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Sean got a marriage license to marry his long time secret boyfriend, which really came as a shock to Alexis....
...Shaved legs and all. If the price is right, I'll even post pics
I think we found Sean's secret boyfriend.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Sean got a marriage license to marry his long time secret boyfriend, which really came as a shock to Alexis.

Ok, I made that up.
Thank the Lord above on that one....

Quote:
His lil' Bro did finish up a refresh on his 87 Turbo Buick. So you're asking yourself, hey, how does a sorta stock 87' TB run against a mostly stock 04' Cobra. About like this. In all fairness though, the Cobra is faster.
Cool beans right there....

Quote:
I set a new personal best on a new set of DRs of 12.6@112. Still can't crack a 2.0 60' to save my life.
Congrats! I miss the days of running low 12's in my daily commuter....

Quote:
The official fastest car on Motorgen right now is a (drum roll please); you guessed it . . . a turbo civic.

There. Did that spark your racing interest.
.... ........ ......

Quote:
keithc took a bunch of nice picks from Cruisin Brea. Lots of Mustangs.
Good look'in rides right there I tell 'yuh....

Quote:
We're planning a local (OC/LA) one day cruise in late July early August. Maybe you and some buddies would dig it.
Looking forward too it! As long as the cars not in the shop that is...

Quote:
I started training for a Triathlon (raising money for LLS). Shaved legs and all. If the price is right, I'll even post pics
You is doing a very admirable thing there..... But the shaved legs thing does kinda wierd me out a bit....
Old 06-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
.... ........ ......
It's a amazing what 50lbs of boost will do. Paul Ho (owner/driver) is a nice guy and does some great fab work. He has a hankering for working on a V6/8. If he's getting 900+HP out of 1.8L . . . yikes.

Quote:
. . . But the shaved legs thing does kinda wierd me out a bit.... [/b]
Mission accomplished. Most people are a little confused why cyclists and other endurance athletes shave their legs. It's not for aerodynamics or anyting like that. It's because it's easier to clean and heal wounds from crashes and for post workout massage.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Excuses excuses excuses, motorgen doesn't want to hear it. You can't treat her like that. ...It's over.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:28 PM   #7

Quote:
It's not for aerodynamics or anyting like that. It's because it's easier to clean and heal wounds from crashes and for post workout massage.
Oh yeah.... I'm a bett'in you is gonna take a trip on up to San Francisco here real soon in your newly acquired "Rainbow Warrior Rebel Machine"; better known as a Toyota Prius......
Old 06-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Oh yeah.... I'm a bett'in you is gonna take a trip on up to San Francisco here real soon in your newly acquired "Rainbow Warrior Rebel Machine"; better known as a Toyota Prius......
You're the one posting half naked sweaty pictures of yourself to a site frequented by men.

Don't worry. I have a don't ask don't tell policy. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #9

Quote:
You're the one posting half naked sweaty pictures of yourself to a site frequented by men.
Don't worry. I have a don't ask don't tell policy. . .
I wasn't sweaty.... You have to turn the pedals of the bike first to get to that point... Half naked? More like half blubbery & jello like me thinks....
Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #10

I'm an old school cyclist ( ya, I wore out many pairs of wool shorts) who could never quite bring myself to shave my legs. Through the years there have been many reasons (read excuses) concocted for this behavior, none of which ever seemed believble to me. This article touches on many of these excuses (while unfortunately also sharing technique) and arrives at what may just be the true bottom line.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/bicycles-fa...ection-43.html