Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #11

awesome pictures, I have seen that red viper at irvine cars and coffee
Old 08-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #12

Great pics.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
Cool Mike, those are nice pics. Wow! These folks are bringing some pretty serious game to these track days. One of my many fears is that I’ll fail spectacularly at one of these events and get boo-boo’s on my feelings. I still want to do this though. I’ll see what I can do by October.
Speedventures is definitely the way to go for your first track day. They run a tight ship and make sure everyone is in order. I'd keep an eye out for a streets of willow event.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #14

Sick pictures, I would do an FC with the cute little square hood scoop...I'm a sucker for a good hood scoop
Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozak View Post
Sick pictures, I would do an FC with the cute little square hood scoop...I'm a sucker for a good hood scoop
How about the whale penis scoop on this one

355 sbc, old school. check out his "new guy" thread

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=7797.0

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #16

Default track days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
Cool Mike, those are nice pics. Wow! These folks are bringing some pretty serious game to these track days. One of my many fears is that I’ll fail spectacularly at one of these events and get boo-boo’s on my feelings. I still want to do this though. I’ll see what I can do by October.
^^ Yup some of them do, most of the radical ones are trailered in and never see the street. And lots of them are actively competing and trying to earn trophies not just for an ego boost, but to please sponsors, etc.

For the guy who has a street driven car, that's not what it's really about IMO... it's about going out there and getting used to your car, enjoying it, becoming a better driver, and go fast without going to jail!! No such thing as failing at an open track day unless you drive like a dick and have no manners! Or driving way over your or your car's capability and run it into a wall or someone else

Example: late summer 2007 buttonwillow, redline was putting on the track day. spectrum of cars.... everything from stock miata to new 911 turbo porsche, amg sl65 (?) mercedes, c5/c6 corvette z06, viper, etc. 90% of the guys with massive power and huge egos, of course, couldn't drive for shit. every corner that came up, the miata (stock motor, sticky tires, upgraded suspension IIRC) was all over them. drove around them in corners only to get spanked in the straights. problem was that the big ego/hp guys never thought about letting the quick miata by before the corners so he could work the corners without having to dodge the egomaniacs.

I see this happen a lot. I think people should realize when even though they have a car with huge potential, and there is another guy behind you on your ass constantly thru corners with a lower potential car, just let him by, point him/her by. The person behind you is obviously a better driver, so accept it. You can blow by the slower car on the straights but he will whoop you in corners... happens all the time... When I say potential, I mean straight up power, not necessarily handling. Obviously the miata has a high handling and braking potential when setup right.

Anyway, you should get your ass out there, there is nothing like it. Take it slow your first couple times, you have to feel out the limits of the car in terms of brakes (very important!), handling, grip/tires, and how your motor runs (keeping water/air/coolant/fuel temps in check). No one demands you drive like you stole it, just have fun with it!

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Speedventures is definitely the way to go for your first track day. They run a tight ship and make sure everyone is in order. I'd keep an eye out for a streets of willow event.
^^ I totally agree. They are very organized in general, much more so than the redline people... although I'm not sure if redline puts on track days for your average joe anymore. How'd your miata challenge go on Sat? I watched them on sunday and the first car out drove over like 20 cones on the finish line on the 1st or 2nd lap Really fun to watch, miatas look like the perfect car for autocrossing.

EDIT: thought I would show this video of a fellow lsx-rx7 converter, on saturday afternoon driving his 2nd gen miata with worn out slicks. watch the big drift at the end, so cool!

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #18

Here's a vid of my auto-x attempt on Sunday, the day after mazfest

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #19
pain's fun, hit me again

Damn from the looks of those pictures its time to bust out the front air dam and rear spoiler
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!