Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #1

Smile Speedventures Cal Speedway this weekend (Aug 13-14, 2011)

Hey guys. There's a open track day and also autocross this upcoming weekend at Cal Speedway in Fontana. I'm spectating Saturday, which means video taping, photographing, and eating lots of hamburgers and hotdogs Holler at me if you plan on going.

Was going to auto-x both days but every time I'm driving I never get to hang out and try the other stuff like ride alongs and just BSing with everyone. Sunday I'm auto crossing, my gf is going to have her yellow rotary rx7 FD on the big track. It's pretty high speed... with my old rotary I was able to get to about 130+ before freaking out on the banked turn Man it's fun. I'm still shaking my ls1 swapped car down so I'm keeping it off the big track for now.

I would love to video some of you guys on the track, whether it's auto cross or big track on Saturday. Let me know if you're going and we can talk I have a gopro hero HD and also an older canon elura that takes OK video.. i have been mounting it to my rear shock tower bar and it works OK.

We should have plenty of shade, just make sure to bring water, sunscreen, a hat, and some $$$ for food. Although some of the rotary guys are having a BBQ, there is a thread on the club if you want to contribute... they're cool folks, I get little jabs about being a v8, but it's all good. Gate fee is something like $10/person.. yeah i know... lame

Some links:

Official site

Autocross

Big track

rx7club thread

google map

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #2

MazFest?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
MazFest?
^^ Yup That and all kinds of other stuff. It's kind of annoying b/c mazfest/miata challenge/corvette challenge/whatever challenge seem to get blended together. That's why I didn't specify

You coming? What are you rolling in?

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpalmer View Post
^^ Yup That and all kinds of other stuff. It's kind of annoying b/c mazfest/miata challenge/corvette challenge/whatever challenge seem to get blended together. That's why I didn't specify

You coming? What are you rolling in?
I would be doing the Miata Challenge autocross but unfortunately it's right in the middle of hell week for football (really 2 weeks). Sunday is the only day off and I plan on sleeping all day
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Sunday is the only day off and I plan on sleeping all day
WTH. how do you "plan" on sleeping. I just pass out if i'm ready to die for the day just stop by for a little bit. do a little peel out for us or something.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #6

I want to do this but my car’s just not track ready yet. Hey Mike, how ‘bout a little earlier warning. (just sayin')
Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
I want to do this but my car’s just not track ready yet. Hey Mike, how ‘bout a little earlier warning. (just sayin')
^^ Sorry Jon, I didn't think about putting the word out til last minute Good news is that the vette guys up the road from us are going to try and put another track day on in October

Here are some pics I took. I copied and pasted the VB code from rx7club so some of the smileys are not going to work. Deal with it

That was fun. I'm glad I didn't drive on Saturday/mazfest day, otherwise I wouldn't have had the chance to goof off and check other stuff out.

Here's some pics I took of things that caught my eye:

99 spec look alike FD

Boss 302 mustang, first one I've seen in person

clean black FD, I'm thinking of getting those wheels next

super clean and slammed FC. if i had an FC I would probably set it up like this. love it

clean & simple first gen, i love these cars. one day I WILL have another one. and I will probably keep it rotary, I said probably, although a v8 swap in that would be sick

rotary trucks. these guys must know each other

brad's FD

I actually like this mazda(speed?) 3. Clean, low, although I'm not a fan of tinted windows

-----------------------

some more pics.

joel's v8 BEAST

steve's 6 liter ls-fc. with a low restriction intake

RRR FD (same one in the old hp vs. handling video on buttonwillow, twins turbo cars?)

stupid fast viper. this guy was pretty much driving around everyone on the bank

rich guy from arizona with a sweet c6 vette. you should have seen this guys accommodations... he had a flat screen tv that folded out of his trailer. must be nice :bigthumb:

also, he had some hydraulic lift points built into each wheel corner of the car, so when it was time to pit, they could lift it up easily and put these tire socks on the tires. neat!

ultima GTR parked in the hotel me and meiogirl stayed at. sick, sick car. dry sumped LS7 with all the goodies. probably one of the quickest cars you can buy/put together in terms of power/weight ratio (last I heard, they weigh in around 2200 lbs... that motor is probably good for 500-600+ hp @ the tires)

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #8

More pics.

meiogirl & friends in the pits (same tow hooks on the two FDs there)

---------------------
more pics.

robert's & fris' track FCs

hozzman's black turbo vert & rich arizona c6 race car dude's trailer in background :tonque:

another badass viper. with an attitude!

kill list LOL! :crackup:

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 08-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Awesome pics. Thanks!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #10

Cool Mike, those are nice pics. Wow! These folks are bringing some pretty serious game to these track days. One of my many fears is that I’ll fail spectacularly at one of these events and get boo-boo’s on my feelings. I still want to do this though. I’ll see what I can do by October.