Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Recommended brand/type of paint for block? Is there an "official" provider of the real Ford Blue. May as well do it right if I'm going to bother.
I have a can of something I used to match up my intake with the engine paint on my 347. It was almost a perfect match. I'll look when I get home. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but I know I bought it at Home Depot and it was Safety Blue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #362
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I still have a can in the garage. Give a few and I'll let you know what it is. If it doesn't rain I'll be working on the cage tomorrow. Do you and Adam want to come out to see it?
Let me touch base with Adam and see what he wants to do. I'd like to. Please PM with your address. If we do, how's Sunday late morning/midday?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #363
I, Vettezuki

I put the engine on my new stand last night, didn't drop it or anything. I go to get the heads in an hour or so. Last week they sent the wrong castings. Maybe I'll pull a head tonight and see what kind of valve reliefs we have put up some pics of the heads.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #364
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Let me touch base with Adam and see what he wants to do. I'd like to. Please PM with your address. If we do, how's Sunday late morning/midday?
Sunday is good. PM sent with address.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #365
I, Vettezuki

Default If NA

Just FYI,

I'm pretty much striking out everywhere I look for 174 parts, and the blower services aren't getting back to me. I would be interested in going NA if the 174 doesn't work, but if we do, I'd like to make it kinda gnarly by going to a nasty solid cam/lifters (would also have to change springs since they're being setup for the mild hydraulic blower cam we have now). I think this is pretty much what Ron and Bird had in mind. But the big thing I'd like to try in this case is to go E85. That would be our challenge as well as our little talking point. I'm guessing, but an aggressive E85 tune (cool charge, 105~ octane) on a high spinning big cam, LT headers, etc. should be good for hi 300s maybe even crack a 400 to the wheels on the 306. We could also keep the IRS and that plus not having the blower means the car would be quite a bit lighter, maybe down to <=2,500lbs.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #366
Neanderthal

Quote:
Just FYI,

I'm pretty much striking out everywhere I look for 174 parts, and the blower services aren't getting back to me. I would be interested in going NA if the 174 doesn't work, but if we do, I'd like to make it kinda gnarly by going to a nasty solid cam/lifters (would also have to change springs since they're being setup for the mild hydraulic blower cam we have now). I think this is pretty much what Ron and Bird had in mind. But the big thing I'd like to try in this case is to go E85. That would be our challenge as well as our little talking point. I'm guessing, but an aggressive E85 tune (cool charge, 105~ octane) on a high spinning big cam, LT headers, etc. should be good for hi 300s maybe even crack a 400 to the wheels on the 306. We could also keep the IRS and that plus not having the blower means the car would be quite a bit lighter, maybe down to <=2,500lbs.

I'm using hydraulic roller springs with my Soild lifter cam. It's just me though.
We sell Comp Cams here (not a fan) and ALWAYS use the springs Comp Cams says to use.

Here's a "Brutal" question: If we go NA, are we using ONE or TWO carbs?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #367
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I'm using hydraulic roller springs with my Soild lifter cam. It's just me though.
We sell Comp Cams here (not a fan) and ALWAYS use the springs Comp Cams says to use.

Here's a "Brutal" question: If we go NA, are we using ONE or TWO carbs?
One. FMI, knowing what cams would you recommend.?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #368

Quote:
One. FMI, knowing what cams would you recommend.?
Webers!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg webers.jpg (27.5 KB, 1 views)

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #369
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Webers!!!!!!!
Cams?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #370
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Webers!!!!!!!
Edelbrook Performers carbs are made by Weber.
2016 Nissan Altma