Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #81
Super Moderator

I dont get it, whats from a chevy?

I ported my intake ports slightly smaller than my head ports. I read in an engine building book that it increases velocity, like a stepped header.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #82
Fast & Filthy

You don't see the bow tie emblem on the two header bolts?

The ports on the intake are just a hair smaller except in the corners on that one cylinder. Those two were just the easiest to get a decent picture of.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #83
Fast & Filthy

Here are pictures of all cylinders. It's hard to tell by the pictures because you can only see the floor and one side of the chambers but the sides either line up perfectly or are slightly smaller on the intake than on the head. The only cylinder that the floor looks little too big on is number 5 or it's is just that the gasket moved up a little, I can't tell. Oh well. I guess I'll see how it runs in a week or so. Another thing to remember though is that these are only 165cc intake runners so I don't think velocity is going to be an issue even if the ports on the intake and heads were to be the exact same size.

Cylinder #1

Cylinder #2

Cylinder #3

Cylinder #4

Cylinder #5

Cylinder #6

Cylinder #7

Cylinder #8
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #84
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
The Cobra has been down for 5 months now. Hopefully I'll have it running this weekend. You need to figure out what's going on with the blue car and get it driveable.
I will eventually
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #85
Fast & Filthy

I picked up new motor mounts today and was planning on trying to drop the engine in the car but as luck would have it as I was torqueing the last bolt down it snapped. At the time I thought no big deal, I have easy outs so I'll just drill a hole down the center and use the easy out to pull it out. I've done it many times so I'm accustomed to pulling broken bolts. So I drill the center and then run the easy out in using my 1/4 ratchet. As it starts to get some resistance, snap! The easy out breaks. Now I've had that happen once before and the hardened easy outs are a pain to get out because my drill bits won't cut them. So I spent about 2 and a half hours getting to the point in the pictures below. I used all the stones and bits in the second picture plus some not pictured to slowly grind away at the easy out so that I can drill the rest of the bolt out and then retap the hole. Hopefully I haven't messed up the threads but if I did then I'll have to helicoil it. I'm hoping it won't ake too long and that I'll be able to drop the engine in the Cobra before heading to my brothers for Thanks Giving dinner.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #86
I, Vettezuki

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #87
Super Moderator

Just order one or two pistons if youre worried, you dont need an entire set again.

But I think youll be fine. I got some love shrapnel in a nearby piston when one exploded. I filed down the nicked edge and just dealt with the scarring on top. I melted and cracked a second piston about a year later... but it wasnt the damaged piston. So its holding up to stress in there just fine.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #88
pain's fun, hit me again

Did I miss the part about pistons?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #89
Fast & Filthy

Umm, okay Adam. I'm not sure how that will help me get the broken bolt out of the motor mount bolt hole but I'll go ahead and order a couple pistons.

Now back to the real world, I was able to get the broken bolt out and got the motor mount on. After that I put the engine on the hoist and installed the rear main seal and then the new flywheel. When I went to install the clutch I realized the new one didn't come with dowels and I already recycled the old one. The new flywheel also uses a 5/16 - 16 bolt where as the stock one used an 8mm - 1.25. So I'll go to the local Ford dealer tomorrow (if they're open) and pick up the dowels and bolts.

Broken bolt removed.

Engine sitting on the hoist almost ready to go in the car.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #90
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
So I'll go to the local Ford dealer tomorrow (if they're open) and pick up the dowels and bolts.
They should be open, the one we went to yesterday to test drive the Explorer said they would be open at 6am on friday. Ford has a $1K cash back starting then too.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten