Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-04-2007, 05:36 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711
Default Fontucky Jan 13th

hey you honkies, minus Mr. Chi. I'm takin' the Buick out to get some baseline #'s out at the 1/4 mile. I know Ben's car is not ready as it is still only 2007 so it will probably be another year or so. But if you want to come watch the action I'll be there.

Brian
Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Rome was not built in a day; in fact, my car is on track to taking about as long But when it's done it's gonna rock your world.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591

I might just have to come out and see that
Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Default Video

The Chi and I are planning to bring out video cameras etc. and record you tossers tossing about. Do you know of a way to mount a video camera in your ride? Is it legal to run with a camera mounted? (They let people run with laptops sitting on the passenger seat so I'd think so.)
Old 01-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Brian's car is coming home on a flatbed, that's real.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #6

it's coming home on the same wheels I'm driving it out there on. It's not a Honda van it doesn't shit oil all the way to klanaheim. The track officials are real bitches about having shit mounted so short answer no I cannot have a v-camera in my car...However I'm sure we could find some James Bond way to hide it from them. In order to have a lap top you have to have a stand bolted to your damn car. I plan on bringing out 10 gallons of 100 octane and maybe up the boost a little bit.
I have a new fuel pump and hotwire kit in this baby and it's running a little fat so I'm going to try and get a quick tune on it before the date. I also think that the rear main seal is leaking onto the converter causing it to slip so we'll see how that affects my time. I will be addressing that issue as well as my valve springs and injectors in the near future. After that it is time for a new turbo and other go fast goodies and by the time you get your vette back I will probably have a good chance at "rocking your world" in a non prison style kind of way.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711
. . . The track officials are real bitches about having shit mounted so short answer no I cannot have a v-camera in my car . . . I plan on bringing out 10 gallons of 100 octane and maybe up the boost a little bit.
. . . and by the time you get your vette back I will probably have a good chance at "rocking your world" in a non prison style kind of way.

10 Gallons? How many runs do you think you're going to make? As long as you take it step by step and follow the advice of the old timers, I'm sure you'll be okay. As for mounting the camera, that's a bit of a disappointment, but I have a plan B for filming positions that ain't so bad. . . I think. And as for rocking my world. . . I'm old, I've got money, you'll lose
Old 01-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #8

yeah the way the tank is set up when you nail it it all the fuel sloshes to the back away from the pump which can cause the car to lean out. So morgan and them all suggest atleast around a half tank, since I plan on making a couple passes 10 gallons seemed to be a safe amount. You'll always be able to out handle me but I'll have a good shot in a straight away at some point during our cars lives.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Where are you getting the 100 octane from, any gas stations in the area still sell it, or just that place by Morgan?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #10
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Whats up fuckers and yeah sean you can get pump 100 octane. You can also get a 5gal can of 110 for like 65 bucks at hahm motorsports and places like that.