Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
pain's fun, hit me again

Default Just one more C5 thread

Alright, i'm officially doing everything in my power to trade the 08 for a C5. I found a dozen cars in the 8-14k range with miles ranging from 60k-100k. I know the C5's can be electrical nightmares so what should be my first thing to look out for when looking at one, or after I get one? I'm still torn between a manual and an auto since i'd like to have one of my cars as an auto for city driving/long trips etc. But its also a vette and a manual is obviously more fun. I don't plan on modding it all that much beyond bolt ons so an auto might be sufficient. I also still have nightmares of that hydraulic clutch system.

Throw some knowledge at me.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #2

My car has been 100% sound on the electrical end but things to look out for are; battery and battery box, some oem batteries would drip acid on the ecu below it, happened to me; make sure all grounds look ok; abs/traction control ground below fuse box and make sure the button on the center console works; pop up headlights; controller on 6way power seats. Pull up any codes on the dash dtc when you test drive it. Press and while holding the options button, press the fuel button 4 times. Any codes current or in the history will show, or use my scanner. If its a CA car I think youll be ok and a properly setup auto can be fun in these cars too.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Internet Tough Guy

I haven' heard of any significant electrical problems. The hydraulic clutch can be a problem. I would look for any signs of track abuse or collisions.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 12-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

I've heard they're electrical fussy, no major issue the mention just common replacement of switches, window regulators (all chevy's really) and stuff in that general area. I', leaning towards an auto but the higest prospect with the lowest miles in a 6sp and it my first choice option wise. Red, black interior HUD etc. I've had about 5 of the dealers call me and i'm going to see if I can pit them against each other for a better deal on the trade in, but really if they pay it off i'll be happy. Keep y'all posted.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #5

Old 12-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

So far here's the best prospect. Already spoke to the dealer about it, turns out the owner lives here in Covina so he's gonna come by and check out the truck and we'll start doing our paperwork hopefully this week.
http://www.bigvalleyauto.com/2000-Ch...9/Details.aspx

Its more then I want to pay but if they work out a deal including my truck, it's done.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #7

Sweet. Hope you can pull it off and get a C5. I know youve been wanting one for a while.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

At least since they came out

Stopping the world!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #9

Don't do it.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

That's not going to motivate me.

Stopping the world!