Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Thanks guys! No, Im going to try to get into litigation for a while and see if I dont get sick of it
Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Thanks guys! No, Im going to try to get into litigation for a while and see if I dont get sick of it
Well, with the way you and I go at it. Not likely
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #33
Super Moderator

Haha, arguing in a court room is very different than arguing with a lay person. Im forced to repeat myself and reassert my position when I argue with friends and gfs, when you argue with attorneys you state your argument well while insinuating theirs is shit... and thats it. You dont have the opportunity to go back and forth like 14 year olds. Its more stressful in some ways, and less in others.

And the fantastic thing about the law is, when youre arguing the law and not the facts... the judge lets you know who is wrong, and who is right. Theres none of this pussy middle ground compromise shit. Take a seat, youre done. I love that, because people that think they were good at arguing go into law school with that mentality and quickly get a judicial smack down. Can you smell what the lady of justice is cooking?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Meat loaf?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
Super Moderator

No, shes serving a "shut up and sit the fuck down," with a side of "ego deflater."
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #36
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
No, shes serving a "shut up and sit the fuck down," with a side of "ego deflater."
Well, at least there are appeals processes.

Say, does this mean you can actively practice law now, or do you need to do some other bullshit first? Question two, are you limited to what kinds of law you can practice?

Basically, if I want to start using you for basic K law stuff, you down? I pay big money, we're talking 5s, maybe even 10s of dollars an hour here!

BTW, I hate it with a passion for a huge set of reasons the most expensive attorneys we have to use are our anti-trust guys in DC. I think it's a $10k day retainer. They make millions . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #37
Super Moderator

I have to fill out and send in my bar card and take the attorneys oath. If I wait till Dec first I dont have to pay 2012 dues, and 2013 dues are waived... so in a few days itll be super legit, like omg.

I can do everything, I have to do something extra to get into federal courts, but its not hard and I plan on it. Ya, let me know what you want me to do, I have time and Im unemployed so Ill work cheap right now... plus youre super cute... Just send me an email.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #38
Super Moderator

I have actual experience doing crim, corporate, bankruptcy, family law, contracts, mass torts and PI torts, a bit of employment law, and a dash of malpractice.

Ive interned at 5 places now, I took the spaghetti approach. Figured it was better not to put all my eggs in one basket. Makes it harder to get one specific job, but Im more marketable for a wider range of jobs.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #39
I, Vettezuki

Cool. I may have something for you as early as this weekend. Nothing secret. It would be an addendum to a purchase agreement for a property laying out concretely under what conditions what happens to our "earnest money" deposit. But if the seller wants to be chill about it, may not be necessary. In any event, I'm canceling my Legal Shield! Maybe I could pay you a monthly retainer for personal and business. No, but seriously, that may not be entirely stupid.

Once you get squared away and give me some guidance on you rates, I'll pimp your desperate ass. Ah, you know what I mean.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #40
Super Moderator

Sweet Ya I can do that, simple straight forward stuff! Thats what I love about contracts.

Ill PM you my business email. Did you get my PM about the lenses btw?