Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
Keep in mind also 500 to enter car in race +100 per driver +75 per pit crew member.
Entry fees for car will be even division among drivers and pit crew; unless someone wants to debate a weighted split. So let's say there's ten drivers and pit crew, that would work out to $150 per driver and $125 per pit crew to enter the car and participate as a driver/pit crew. Cheap for a two day endurance race.

Fuel, brakes, spare tire(s) will probably be as much or more per person. Throw in some lodging and travel/food expenses, probably looking $500 per person for the whole event give or take.

But separate from Lemons itself, is a thrashable car we could use at Adams, AutoX, ChumpCar, whatever.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Updated OP with current contributions.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Entry fees for car will be even division among drivers and pit crew; unless someone wants to debate a weighted split. So let's say there's ten drivers and pit crew, that would work out to $150 per driver and $125 per pit crew to enter the car and participate as a driver/pit crew. Cheap for a two day endurance race.

Fuel, brakes, spare tire(s) will probably be as much or more per person. Throw in some lodging and travel/food expenses, probably looking $500 per person for the whole event give or take.

But separate from Lemons itself, is a thrashable car we could use at Adams, AutoX, ChumpCar, whatever.
Max allowed is 6 drivers. Or was that minimum? I forgot...

edit:

Looked it up 4 min-6 max
and I missed your point.....

Old 11-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
Max allowed is 6 drivers. Or was that minimum? I forgot...

edit:

Looked it up 4 min-6 max
and I missed your point.....
There could be 6 drivers 4 pit, for example. That's 10. $500/10 = $50. $50 + $100 driver entry = $150 for drivers. $50 + $75 = $125 pit entry.

Then there's at least gas. Probably smart to have some spare brakes and at least a tire for an endurance race, but those could be punted on I suppose. Then travel to/from, lodging, food. Therefore, roughly, and SEPARATE from making the car in the first place, a driver/pit crew participant could expect to pay something like $500 - $750 for a Lemons weekend depending on number of people and lodging costs (which I have no idea) and how Mad Max people wanted to get. Major carpooling plus camping tactics could drop that significantly and probably be more fun.

Moreover, while the car was inspired by Lemons, it's ultimately a cheap project car to take use. I have this kinda money no problem, I don't have the kind of money (in the play money bucket) it would take to finish the Snake the way I want. It's something fun to do on the relative cheap.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There could be 6 drivers 4 pit, for example. That's 10. $500/10 = $50. $50 + $100 driver entry = $150 for drivers. $50 + $75 = $125 pit entry.

Then there's at least gas. Probably smart to have some spare brakes and at least a tire for an endurance race, but those could be punted on I suppose. Then travel to/from, lodging, food. Therefore, roughly, and SEPARATE from making the car in the first place, a driver/pit crew participant could expect to pay something like $500 - $750 for a Lemons weekend depending on number of people and lodging costs (which I have no idea) and how Mad Max people wanted to get. Major carpooling plus camping tactics could drop that significantly and probably be more fun.

Moreover, while the car was inspired by Lemons, it's ultimately a cheap project car to take use. I have this kinda money no problem, I don't have the kind of money (in the play money bucket) it would take to finish the Snake the way I want. It's something fun to do on the relative cheap.
What I meant was.....I saw your point... after I shot my reply from the hip and read it again.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #16
Fast & Filthy

Money sent.

Just a side note but my wife wasn't very happy about the timing of it with Christmas coming soon.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Money sent.

Just a side note but my wife wasn't very happy about the timing of it with Christmas coming soon.
NOTE: We will NOT make the Lemons this December. I hope that was clear from the beginning. This is just to get something thoroughly in the pipeline, and even run in other series and events next year. The MG entry to Lemons is for 2012 NOT 2011. You can be as free from this project as you want to be this Holiday Season. I hope this is good news on all accounts.

EDIT: Here was kind of the OP for the project.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
Fast & Filthy

I was talking about what I just sent. Not your fault, I just thought we would be picking up a car after the holidays. I'm still in for trying to get it ready to run it next year.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I was talking about what I just sent. Not your fault, I just thought we would be picking up a car after the holidays. I'm still in for trying to get it ready to run it next year.
My apologies for any trouble I caused shaking you guys down.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #20

Quote:
I don't see too many people wanting to crew for us if they have to pay lots of money to do it. I can't imagine paying someone $100 to stand around in the cold for 24 hours just to put gas in the tank every hour or so, and possibly change tires that have super hot lugs, or possibly brakes that are 1000*. I would shoot for 6 drivers, and just split it into three man shifts. One driving, and two crewing while the other three sleep.

FWIW I will be crewing with a team doing the 25 hours of Thunderhill in a few weeks and they are covering all my fees, food, lodging, and if I drive myself there instead of riding up with them, my gas. I doubt that I would be volunteering my time to watch other people race and work on their car if I had to pay the $300-400 that I will end up costing them.