Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #2561
Super Moderator

No wonder the government has problems with the measley 20% of everyones income, and the other 8%-17% when it goes back out. We are employing a third of the nation.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #2562
Super Moderator

Down with communism.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #2563
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Down with communism.
A primitive acquaintance with basic accounting will let you know this dog can't hunt forever. It's basically strung along on revolving credit, but as the debt to income continues to get out of whack, the credit rating (cost of money) and debt service loads will become intractable. That's not a pretty picture. We're not there yet, but there's precisely no sign we're trying to avoid this unfolding either. Better pray for some miracle tech breakthroughs that massively drop costs of things like energy and medical and simultaneously stimulate a massive increase in economic production. Otherwise, it's going to be a nasty re-equilibrizing process for those who aren't well positioned to weather it. I don't see a Mad Max scenario, but something considerably worse than the recent recession is distinctly possible in <20 years. I really hope I'm wrong and we can at least maintain this kind of shitty mediocrity.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #2564

So I'm looking at renting a warehouse. And they are asking me to get "liability insurance" This will be for all non commercial use. Does anyone have a ball park of what that might run me?
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 10-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #2565
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
So I'm looking at renting a warehouse. And they are asking me to get "liability insurance" This will be for all non commercial use. Does anyone have a ball park of what that might run me?
Entirely depends on what you're storing, how much, who has/needs access, etc. But you probably should figure >$1,000/year, and potentially a lot more. Call some agents, they will ask you ton of questions and give you a formal quote. I've used Cumbre to set us up. We ended up with The Hartford.

(909) 484-2456

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #2566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Entirely depends on what you're storing, how much, who has/needs access, etc. But you probably should figure >$1,000/year, and potentially a lot more. Call some agents, they will ask you ton of questions and give you a formal quote. I've used Cumbre to set us up. We ended up with The Hartford.

(909) 484-2456
Thank you,
This is mostly a workshop for me to start some long term projects. I have a call into an agent right now to get a quote. I'm cool with anything near $1,000 a year i was just fearing that it would be that a month.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 10-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #2567
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Thank you,
This is mostly a workshop for me to start some long term projects. I have a call into an agent right now to get a quote. I'm cool with anything near $1,000 a year i was just fearing that it would be that a month.
No, definitely closer to $1k/year range, possibly less is my guess. I imagine wherehouse space in Riverside is pretty cheap still . . . but have you considered a steel building on your property? If you think you're going to be there for very long, you can put up a simple building on terms for not that much and it does add value to the property. This of course totally depends on your relation to the property, blah blah.

I think you're ready to take on a 5.0 project, and I have just the convenient starter in mind . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #2568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
No, definitely closer to $1k/year range, possibly less is my guess. I imagine wherehouse space in Riverside is pretty cheap still . . . but have you considered a steel building on your property? If you think you're going to be there fore very long, you can put up a simple building on terms for not that much and it does add value to the property. This of course totally depends on your relation to the property, blah blah.

I think you're ready to take on a 5.0 project, and have just the convenient starter in mind . . .

Ya the steel building has crossed my mind but I want to get a place that's not my home for the time being. and down the road build something really nice at my home. (and the upfront cost is much higher)

Its very cheap 40 ish cents a sqft

lol a ford is not on the list for my projects. First I need to finish off my chevy a little. Then i'm swapping the drivetrain in my 88 isuzu trooper for one from 92-95
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 10-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #2569
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Ya the steel building has crossed my mind but I want to get a place that's not my home for the time being. and down the road build something really nice at my home. (and the upfront cost is much higher)

Its very cheap 40 ish cents a sqft

lol a ford is not on the list for my projects. First I need to finish off my chevy a little. Then i'm swapping the drivetrain in my 88 isuzu trooper for one from 92-95
Yeah, you probably could get something pretty decent for <$500/month all in, but that's still $6k~/year sunk cost.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #2570
Super Moderator

Quote:
Know a guy with a speaker box wood working shop, square footage is roughly 2,000 square feet???. His rent is about 4K a month, in Anaheim off of La Palma.