Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711
Default what the hell should I do?

Hey you guys I'm really in a pinch here with this head gasket and can not decide the right course of action. It will cost upwards $800-1000 just to fix the head gaskets.....Now for the kind of money I could replace the head gasket all the other seals put a cam in it and a good torque converter. Morgan seems up for helping...Neal said I could do it at his place but he lives 100+ miles away and just getting the car there seems like a daunting task. I will need an engine hoist and engine stand most likely as it seems to be easier to pull the motor than do it in the car running into the A/C. So what is the consensus find a way to do it or just cough up the dinero?? All opinions welcome.

Brian
Old 03-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
Hey you guys I'm really in a pinch here with this head gasket and can not decide the right course of action. It will cost upwards $800-1000 just to fix the head gaskets.....Now for the kind of money I could replace the head gasket all the other seals put a cam in it and a good torque converter. Morgan seems up for helping...Neal said I could do it at his place but he lives 100+ miles away and just getting the car there seems like a daunting task. I will need an engine hoist and engine stand most likely as it seems to be easier to pull the motor than do it in the car running into the A/C. So what is the consensus find a way to do it or just cough up the dinero?? All opinions welcome.

Brian
Most AAA memberships provide free tows up to 250 miles. But then again, you'd have to make a 200 mile round trip just to work on your car. Don't pay some gas station $1000 just to do it. I did my friends for $250 and his was a DOHC, also with a turbo. P-I-T-A. $1000 is rape, see how much Paul will do it for. If you're tight on money, just replace the one head gasket, you dont have to do both. But if I were you I'd do both just to upgrade, no sense in blowing another one.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Most AAA memberships provide free tows up to 250 miles. . . .
No they don't. The basic level is 7 miles. The "premium" is 100 miles. Don't know of a 250 off hand.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post

Brian
I have an engine stand and hoist. We can rent a trailer from uHaul (like $60) and use my new Ghetto truck to pull it there. Yee haw.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-12-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I'm willing to help, but the next couple weekends are brutal. We're busy with the digital corvettes event all this weekend, alternative motoring and easter next weekend, and Alexis and I have a wedding on the 28th, and we're going to LA on the 29th. That puts us minimum three weeks away
Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

As far as transport is concerned, I'm happy to do it any weekday night as long as Neal is able to receive. That will get it in place.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)