Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Engine Options
Pull Engine, replace freeze plugs and rear main. Drive Now. 8 88.89%
Pull engine, rebuild with better parts. Unknown time for completion. But lots more power. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
That water’s foul! Makes me want to quit cigarettes.
You should, those things will kill you
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #22

Lookin good SC... reminds me of when I got my new yorker... I pulled all the seats and scrubbed the carpet, seats, dash, cleaned the engine, etc... made it go from looking like a 15 year old POS to a 15 year old time capsule

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

1995 Chrysler New Yorker - DD

2006 Charger R/T - Wife's DD
Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

Thanks dude. I'm anxious to put the interior back in but i want to leave access to the trans port. I'm now debating whether or not if i should just rebuild the damn thing after the cluster fuck we went through yesterday. I'll post up the pics later. Luckily, truck has fresh transmission with a mileage stamping of 190k miles. Meaning it should only have about 12k on it. Also has a billet RVHD torque converter, the very one I was going to install for towing. So yay for that, since i know it has a fresh trans i'm debating on giving a fresh motor and not worrying about it all for a very long time. Or putting the engine with the fresh freeze plugs, RMS and pan gasket back in. I know it will run for a while since its been apart at some point in its life. Likely for warranty work.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
pain's fun, hit me again

Since I cant leave anything stock I started loses sight of why i got this truck. Cheap transportation. I know deep down inside it will run for a longv time, long enough until i straighten my shit out. I added up a rebuild with new exhaust, cats long tubes the whole nine yards and it comes out to around $1700, not bad but thats more then i need to finish the paint and body work on the blue car. Also more then the lift i need to fix the white truck. So i'm going to invest in a pump and shift kit for the trans(only $250) and get it back on the road as a boring, reliable daily. Then when all my toys are fixed I can put this one under the knife and go offroading with Ron and Chuck .

Now someone buy my camper so I can do the trans work.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #25

Good plan SC. That's a damn nice looking truck, one of the better Ford body styles IMO. Nothing like having good reliable daily transportation.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #26
pain's fun, hit me again

If anyone can figure out how to break it, i'm sure it will be me.

But as far as modding it, the pump and shift kit will make sure i can tow heavy without issue. Heat, a/c and everything else works. Smells new now, it'll get me by. Plus i'll still need a second vehicle so I need to get hopping on the mustang. Then finish dedicated service, then go back to the 08 and shoot for 800hp fuel only without tuning changes.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #27
pain's fun, hit me again

Stopping the world!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #28
pain's fun, hit me again

It lives!
There is a vacuum leak since I cant find where one of the fittings goes, its part of the hvac system so it doesnt effect the idle much, A/C blows ICE cold. I would guess since the engine sat out in the moisture and rain that is the reason one of them is screaching like a whore. Tomorrow I'll replace it, but today i'm going to jump on getting the interior in so I dont have to walk any more.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #29
Fast & Filthy

Sorry I couldn't swing by to help but I ended up spending the entire day out at my customers. I didn't leave Valencia until 5pm.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #30
pain's fun, hit me again

Its fine, yesterday didnt happen so I took off work early and my dad and Shawn helped me. we had it in after about an hour and then about 3 to get everything completely done, then i started on the interior and removing the camper. I now happy camper.

Though, the truck rides like shit, stock 200k shocks and some squirly steering needs to be addressed

Stopping the world!