Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Clash of the Titans, err, Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Or how about running at the track like men are supposed to, roll racing is for fags.
Ps, I dont know about you but I drive street cars, and I race them on the street. I have no interest in buying race gas and driving on illegal tires, its not why I built my car, my 630lb springs and 19" wheels dont help me get down a 1/4 mile any faster.

And having a 'well balanced car,' is a cop out. It means I wish I had more hp in my own car and Im jealous of yours. A C6 Z06 handles like its on rails, but Ill bet if someone Procharged one of those and made 1,000hp no one would give them shit. The reality is: cornering is fun, and acceleration is fun, Miatas are underpowered and my car is overpowered, ya ya, who gives a fuck. Theyre both fun to drive, enough said. Should I take my blower off? Would that make the well balanced car advocates happy? Suck a dick.

Last edited by Shaolin Crane : 08-29-2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Moved OT chat from another thread
Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Sorry, this was bacardi inspired posting, haha
Old 08-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Sorry, this was bacardi inspired posting, haha
Dude we gotta go drink'n sometime. Bunch goddamn teatotallers round here.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Ps, I dont know about you but I drive street cars, and I race them on the street. I have no interest in buying race gas and driving on illegal tires, its not why I built my car, my 630lb springs and 19" wheels dont help me get down a 1/4 mile any faster.

And having a 'well balanced car,' is a cop out. It means I wish I had more hp in my own car and Im jealous of yours. A C6 Z06 handles like its on rails, but Ill bet if someone Procharged one of those and made 1,000hp no one would give them shit. The reality is: cornering is fun, and acceleration is fun, Miatas are underpowered and my car is overpowered, ya ya, who gives a fuck. Theyre both fun to drive, enough said. Should I take my blower off? Would that make the well balanced car advocates happy? Suck a dick.
Uhm my point was if you cant run your car to its potential, then its not a faster car. If're you're concerned about breaking something then fix that portion of the car before you talk trash. And a well balanced car is not a cop out, Ron' cobra is very well balanced. And meet Max, the blue car, same car almost identically to Ron's car, did I copy him? No, its a proven combo time and again, I have a race car and if you'd like to run on street tires and meet me at willow springs we'll run to your hearts content.
I dont build my cars to race on the street, ever, period. I'm not going to do ANYTHING that will jeopardize my badge and FYI street racing is stupid.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Old 08-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Uhm my point was if you cant run your car to its potential, then its not a faster car. If're you're concerned about breaking something then fix that portion of the car before you talk trash. And a well balanced car is not a cop out, Ron' cobra is very well balanced. And meet Max, the blue car, same car almost identically to Ron's car, did I copy him? No, its a proven combo time and again, I have a race car and if you'd like to run on street tires and meet me at willow springs we'll run to your hearts content.
I dont build my cars to race on the street, ever, period. I'm not going to do ANYTHING that will jeopardize my badge and FYI street racing is stupid.
Next mod is DOT drag radials, 12 bolt conversion and half shaft hoops. But right now, my Vette which isnt 'fast' according to you, sure seems to win a lot of street races, from a roll or a stop. The only reason I suggested to Ron that we go from a roll is that I know he'll launch harder, so I know he'll jump out in front. But I think what everyone was more curious about was my cars accel, vs Rons. Not Rons driver skill/ or his Chevelles ability to launch better with squishy tires a solid axle and an automatic. Because everyone already knows how that race will turn out.

And again, if I cared only about drag racing, never would have gone from a proven TH350 to a T56. Would you have?

And you racing your street car at the track is stupid. How much money are you going to win with your 'race car?' And you better stop going to motorgen cruises if you think driving fast cars on the street is so stupid.

Asphalt is asphalt, and your qualified challenge, 'Ill race you but only at the track, never on the street' isnt much of a challenge, considering it just came out in my conversation with Ron that venue is the problem. So are you just trying to sound bad ass?

Ps, stop comparing your car to Rons, its not, not even close. Sorry man.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Next mod is DOT drag radials, 12 bolt conversion and half shaft hoops. But right now, my Vette which isnt 'fast' according to you, sure seems to win a lot of street races, from a roll or a stop. The only reason I suggested to Ron that we go from a roll is that I know he'll launch harder, so I know he'll jump out in front. But I think what everyone was more curious about was my cars accel, vs Rons. Not Rons driver skill/ or his Chevelles ability to launch better with squishy tires a solid axle and an automatic. Because everyone already knows how that race will turn out.

And again, if I cared only about drag racing, never would have gone from a proven TH350 to a T56. Would you have?

And you racing your street car at the track is stupid. How much money are you going to win with your 'race car?' And you better stop going to motorgen cruises if you think driving fast cars on the street is so stupid.

Asphalt is asphalt, and your qualified challenge, 'Ill race you but only at the track, never on the street' isnt much of a challenge, considering it just came out in my conversation with Ron that venue is the problem. So are you just trying to sound bad ass?

Ps, stop comparing your car to Rons, its not, not even close. Sorry man.
1. I never said you car wasnt fast, street racing is stupid and dangerous and only saying you'll race from a roll in very ricer.

2. I didnt build my cars to win money, I invested in a hobby that I know going in has no return, at all. I did however, build my cars to run safely at a controlled track event, be it drag racing, auto-x or a road course. A car will NEVER see it's potential on the street ever unless you're looking at its potential to kill someone.

3. When I go to motorgen cruises, which is sparse, i stay near the back of the pack and follow the law, I again, will not jeopardize my badge I have a clean driving record and it'll stay that way.

4. Do you keep forgetting I have 2 cars? If you mean the race car then yes, it's no where near Ron's car. It has nothing, no heat, no a/c, no radio, every possible piece that could be cutt off or removed for weight savins is gone. There is not a single stock suspension piece, or engine part other then the stock block.
The blue car however, whether you like it or not is nearly identical to Ron's car. I only mention Ron because he's the only other mustang person on the board with a pushrod. Its a simple proven combo that THOUSANDS have on other boards, dont believe me? Check the corral and ye shal be saved. I however would LOVE to hear how Max differs, i'm not new to building mustangs. I've had my 87 for the better part of 6 years.

Lastly, I ONLY mentioned willow springs because you yourself said you didnt care about the 1/4 mile. I dont give a shit one way or another if you want to race or not. I've never made a claim about what one of my cars will run, or said i'm going to take out so and so I probably enjoy the build more then the actual car in the end. All I know is I have a set guidline I have built the cars by and that's all. Wether you believe or dont believe it's like someones car or its fast or not that's fine. I have enjoyed building them and will continue to do so. You give me shit and I give you shit and the world keeps on going 'round, no need to take offense to anything I post cause it's all in good fun. If I had a problem with you you'd know it and I'd avoid you and your posts like the plague.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Woah calm down there sport, I argue only in fun. So you have a centrifugally supercharged 5.0 with name brand aftermarket aluminum heads making 600+hp?? If thats the case no I didnt know that. If its not the case your car isnt identical to Rons.

And you are making a claim, that your car is identical to Rons. So lets see it, race Ron at a fancy legal strip. Lets start a thread and bet some money. Ya?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Woah calm down there sport, I argue only in fun. So you have a centrifugally supercharged 5.0 with name brand aftermarket aluminum heads making 600+hp?? If thats the case no I didnt know that. If its not the case your car isnt identical to Rons.

And you are making a claim, that your car is identical to Rons. So lets see it, race Ron at a fancy legal strip. Lets start a thread and bet some money. Ya?
That's always been the plan, Ron and I have been keeping track of each other's build. Up until his choice of going 331, yes nearly identical. In fact as soon as my cam grinder comes back from his funeral trip he'll have the exact same cam as mine. For your records...
Ron
Stock block
(soon) 331
Vortech Si-trim
Ported AFR Heads
Ford Racing Rockers
Stock Lifters
Stock Pushrods
.554/218/114*
Ported Vortech Intake
UPR Boostmaster
Bosch Bypass
Heat/ac/stereo
12psi
Powertrain Tune
Road & Track Box
3400lbs
Full Interior
Cobra Brakes

Guy
Stock Block
(308)
Vortech Si-trim with aftercooler
Ported SVO Heads
Ford Racing Rockers
Stock Lifters
Chromoly Pushrods
.544/218/114*
Ported Eddy Intake
UPR Boostmaster
Vortech mini-race
Heat/ac/stereo
15psi
Powertrain tune
Road & Track box(ish)
3400-3500lbs
Full Interior
Cobra Brakes

We can split hairs that his is an SN-95 and ours is a fox. But for all intensive purposes of "nearly identical" that's pretty fuckin close. I built it for Vanessa and i to have fun with, as long as she's happy with it that's all that matters. For all we know it could only make 300hp and run a 15sec 1/4. If that makes her happy then that's all I care about.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Nice Did not know that. Im surprised, all I ever hear about is your mildly built NA 5.0. I knew you had two but I thought one was a junker. I guess thats the one you got for free and are turning into your mild, dare I say, street driven DD?

And youre blowing 15psi on stock pistons? Are they factory forgings at least? Does Ron have a stock short block too?? What does your supercharged fox run in the quarter?