Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
Fast & Filthy

Where is it located?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

Sacramento.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #13

Or just pick up a POS Stang and use that instead. The grey one is in great shape, hell, I wouldn't mind owning it.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

The gray one i've done a good job at hiding it's flaws. Salvage title for one thing, rust bubbles around the sun roof and pieces of the doors. Nothing major, but enough of an issue that if i spent anytbhing fixing it i would be better off swapping bodies. Also, i still havnt installed my cage yet, $600+ towards swapping bodies. My plan was to widen the back to match the front but this car is already done. I might pick up a shitty roller and put stock suspension on the gray car and store it away for a while.

The issues isnt needing another stang for track use, i could pick this one up and do another build, but that's alot more money then using the thousands in parts i already have.

Still not sure.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
The 87 just looks like a street car, it really is a race car.
Thats exactly the way I would keep it.... Sleeper status

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #16
pain's fun, hit me again

Nothing sleeper about it, 2" primarys, 3" out dumped mid car. Fenders pulled 5", all i'm really doing is sacrficing areodynamic mods, hence the interest in the body

Stopping the world!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Sells yours, cut the vin off that junker and weld it on to the race car. Title it, drive it.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

Hum what? Race car has a title
Had another idea, pull suspension goodies off the 87, install onto the race chassis. Install black engine, put stock suspension onto the 87, install spare 393. Have monster of a *whatever* vehicle. Auto with paddle shifters, maybe an irs. Who knows, we'll see how the sale of my truck goes.

Stopping the world!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Hum what? Race car has a title
Had another idea, pull suspension goodies off the 87, install onto the race chassis. Install black engine, put stock suspension onto the 87, install spare 393. Have monster of a *whatever* vehicle. Auto with paddle shifters, maybe an irs. Who knows, we'll see how the sale of my truck goes.
Sounds like a good idea. Its sweet having a grocery getter with a 393ci monster... oh but everything I hear about paddle shifters sucks... my buddy hated them in his car.

Oooooorrrr you could save the 393 til next year and I'll buy it from you and put it in my old truck lol.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #20
pain's fun, hit me again

I swas thinking of a 5r55s. Would require a stand alone controller, but is a very sorted out auto, i've driven it with paddle shifters and it was awesome.

I wont sell the 393, i already promised it to my lady. If it does go into the mustang it will only be temporary until she gets her t-bucket.

Stopping the world!