Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Yeah, so I thought I blew my motor last night.

Since it was a nice day and I barely drive the Cobra last night I took it out to visit a friend. On the way home I lined up next to SoCalC55 and we punched it up to about 110mph. I barely pulled on him and the car felt down on power. I was rounding the corner and he said it smelled too. I then noticed a substance all over the passenger side windshield that had blown out of the engine bay. I hit the windshield wiper and it was obviously viscous

At this point I'm freaking out and pull into my garage expecting the worst. I open the hood and fluid is all over. I go and get a flashlight and I can see it appears to be coolant and it looks like it's coming from the intercooler tank. I called Sir_Riccus and he told me to start the car and open up the tank to see if the coolant was circulating. I start the car and take the cap off the tank and it's boiling in there. I guess intercooler pump failures are common on our cars and that's what happened to mine. As soon as I got in the boost the coolant boiled and was coming out of the cap.

I had changed the oil last weekend and didn't notice any problems so I think it just failed last night. Sir_Riccus and Curry101 are coming over this weekend hopefully to help me fix it, so I'll let you all know at that point.

Once I get it fixed I want a rematch Sean
Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Since it was a nice day and I barely drive the Cobra last night I took it out to visit a friend. On the way home I lined up next to SoCalC55 and we punched it up to about 110mph. I barely pulled on him and the car felt down on power. I was rounding the corner and he said it smelled too. I then noticed a substance all over the passenger side windshield that had blown out of the engine bay. I hit the windshield wiper and it was obviously viscous

At this point I'm freaking out and pull into my garage expecting the worst. I open the hood and fluid is all over. I go and get a flashlight and I can see it appears to be coolant and it looks like it's coming from the intercooler tank. I called Sir_Riccus and he told me to start the car and open up the tank to see if the coolant was circulating. I start the car and take the cap off the tank and it's boiling in there. I guess intercooler pump failures are common on our cars and that's what happened to mine. As soon as I got in the boost the coolant boiled and was coming out of the cap.

I had changed the oil last weekend and didn't notice any problems so I think it just failed last night. Sir_Riccus and Curry101 are coming over this weekend hopefully to help me fix it, so I'll let you all know at that point.

Once I get it fixed I want a rematch Sean
Thats a message from the COBRA GODS. It mean Drive ur cobra more and drive it HARD, OR ELSE. :ma d:

Best Trap Speed 89.67MPH on Nitto Street Tires
Old 04-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Don't title the thread I blew my motor if you're talking about your electric intercooler pump!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Don't title the thread I blew my motor if you're talking about your electric intercooler pump!
I thought I did blow the motor. I thought it was oil on my windshield. I love my car though so I know she'll be good to me